Chapter 4

Dark Star by Jaymes Young

Anywhere you want me to take you, I'll go...But there's things about me that you just don't know...

From the beginning, this world was always made for the superiors. The elites. The masterminds.

Those at top of the chain who controlled the way our system and policies work down to the littlest details behind an elected official representing their interests secretly.

It was the cruelty and greed of this group of people that drives the world into violence, poverty and oppression every day.

My family had been a part of this group for decades but growing up I considered myself a little more ... benevolent and merciful, qualities my father disliked.

My religious mother would always preached the Golden Rule to me and Jennifer: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Once she was taken away from me in a freak car accident more than ten years ago, my world shattered into a million dark pieces, scattered across space and time.

God wasn't going to help me.

Nobody wasn't coming to save me.

All that I once believed in--trust, love, the beauty of life--disappeared like the winds into thin air.

After Jennifer was murdered, that was the tipping point that broke my already withering spirit.

I found out it was better not to love anybody. Better not to care about anybody. Those who love and care, in the end, was only going to get hurt by the pain they inflict upon themselves.

I've learned to discipline my mind from these types of weaknesses and shield myself from the suffering so that I would not feel a thing.

This was survival of the most powerful.

Sitting in my luxurious Cessna, I stared out through the small window at the slow-rising, orange sun in the horizon as the Windy City loomed in the distance.

The clouds flew fiercely by with the rough winds, causing a turbulent descent, but it was nothing to be scared about. I wasn't afraid of anything for having a fear was only a sign of weakness.

Back in the city this time, something inside me became thrilled—I wasn't sure what part that could be, but I convinced myself it definitely was seeing Nana again.

My private jet touched down on the runaway of O'Hare and taxied over to the Signature ORD grounds.

Once the jet stopped, I immediately exit the plane to my black Mercedes Benz already waiting by on the runway for my arrival.

"How was your trip, Mr. Cavill?" Bob asked, handing me the keys. He was my assistant in charge of my private jet's maintenance and care, as well as my business flights.