•TWO•

•Skylar POV•

So after about three hours of taking notes and discussing them with Mr. Styles I got to go home!
I stopped at the store to grab things to make for dinner and such. It was a pretty normal night, I got off of work at eleven and home around twelve.
While I was contemplating on what to make for dinner tomorrow when I heard a few girls screech and consistently asked for pictures.
What caught my attention was 'Shawn I love you so much!' And 'awh thanks honey.'
I knew who was back in town, after such short notice. I quickly pushed my basket to where all the fussing was. A brown headed boy with girl fans crowded around him staring at him helplessly in love.
"Oh it's her. Don't you think it's fair if some of his other fans get his attention you... attention whore."
Well that's new, "I'm his friend from when we were younger, nothing you need to worry about eh?"
By this time Shawn had looked up and smiled at me, "Skylar! It's no nice to see you again." He had a smirk on his face, oh how I wish I could kiss it away.
"Mendes, it's always nice to see you. Back in town so soon?"
He nodded, "tour was canceled do to weather conditions." I nodded, "ah, that very unfortunate. Do you have a place to stay yet?" He nodded, "yeah. I'm staying with my parents." I nodded, but before I could get out another word a fan made a comment.
"Shawn, how did you two ever become friends? I mean look at her, she's ugly. And she has hickeys! She's a complete slut!" My gaze dropped to the floor, and my smile disappeared.
"Excuse you, she's been my friend for years. She babysat me and my younger sister, and those hickeys that you see? They..." he looked over at me. And I knew what he was going to say. I shook my head no, "it's fine Shawn. Don't-"
"I gave them to her, so deal with it. Now if you will excuse us, we need to get home." I looked around at the fans, and every last one of them has their jaws on the floor.
"I am no longer hungry for food." And I walked away from the mess. I appreciated Shawn sticking up for me, but some girls know where I live. That means I have to move if things become violent.
"Sky! Skylar wait up!"
I stopped and sighed, "what?" I groan.
"What's the matter with you?"
"Shawn, you didn't have to do that! Now rumors will go around, and the girls will come back to my apartment and-"
He cut me off, "they went to your apartment?" I nodded, "I got back from the penthouse you left me at. And they were huddled in a group talking and whispering until I waked by."
He sighed, "I'm really sorry Skylar. I truly am," I nodded, "it's fine. I'm tired I want to go home." I gave Shawn a hug, but before he let me go he said he was coming over and I can't say anything to change his mind.

So that leads us to now. I am freshly showered, and I just got done brushing my teeth. I wore a long sleeve shirt that actually belong to Shawn, and a pair of sweatpants. I climbed into my bed after checking the windows and locks numerous times.
Shawn was by my side, on his back shirtless looking amazing as ever.
"Will you be here when I wake up?" He opened his eyes and looked over at me.
"Of course I will. Now, turn the light off and bring your cute ass over here."