S01/E01

"Take a good look around you, because at the end of the game..." 

The atmosphere grew dark.

"...Only one of you will be alive."

Nara's heart dropped.

"What?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Episode 1

Game Start

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The world isn't a fair place. 

There are people being discriminated against, being assaulted and abused, dealing with depression or grief, too poor for a roof over their head or even a meal, left to steal and sin.

Yes, the world isn't a fair place. 

It leaves too many people suffering.

However, 20 of them will get the chance to change their lives.

20 of them will get the chance, but only one will attain it.

"1! 2! 3! 4! 5!" 

One by one, the cloaked god counted until all 20 pedestals in front of him were no longer empty. Like setting a candle aflame, a human would appear into the arena. Each of them sharing something in common: they have been wronged by society.

Number 8, Yeun Nara landed harshly onto the matching pedestal with eyes wide open in alarm. Just moments ago, she was at the hospital caring for her sickly mother when the hospital staff should've been. Instead, their attention and care were all for the important CEO next door.  Nara was angered, but there was nothing she could do to change the way things were, the way society worked.

Not recognizing where she was, Nara quickly rushed to her feet. Her eyes landed directly onto the giant figure cloaked in a black robe floating in the center of all the pedestals. Taking a few steps back, her foot reached the edge of her pedestal and slid right off. Falling backward, Nara squeezed her eyes tight and braced herself for the fall. Before she could release a gasp, she felt a magnetizing sensation pull her back onto the platform, causing her to land onto the floor on her hands and knees.

"Careful. You wouldn't want to end things before they even start...now would you?" 

As the voice drew nearer, Nara lifted her head up only to come face to face with the cloaked figure. He slowly lifted his head up, but as soon as she saw his sharp teeth, she dropped her eyes to the ground, afraid to see the rest.

With a laugh, the figure floated back to the center.

Nara only relaxed enough to take a look around her. At every pedestal, stood a boy or a girl roughly her age, looking just as terrified and confused as her.   

"Greetings!" The figure finally acknowledged everyone. 

The boy at the first pedestal, Namjoon, cleared his throat. "W-where are we? What are we doing here? Who are you?"

The figure snapped his head towards him before floating over, the cloak waving behind him. He stretched out his arm, his long finger pointing at the boy. "Patience, young one."

The girl next to him, Wendy,  shook so much she fell to her knees in tears.

The figure floated back to the center. "Don't waste your tears on me. I'm not going to hurt you. In fact, I'm here to help you."