S01/E07

Warning: This book can get pretty gruesome, but I think this chapter needs a trigger warning for hurting yourself. Please do not read if you get triggered by details, feelings, emotions, anything to do with pain inflicted to oneself. Protect yourself first. Thank you.
________________

She dreams a beautiful dream, one where she is safe in her bed and put to rest with a loving mother's kiss pressed to her forehead.

Though things change quickly when she falls 'asleep', no longer feeling safe as she did at that moment.

It's a dream within a dream, or rather—a nightmare. The black smoke consumes her, suffocating her like a chain wrapped around her neck. When it clears away, she's standing on the platform among the other 20 contestants.

One by one, she sees their horrific murders reenacted on their platforms, her hand covering her mouth as she holds back her need to gag.

The only ones remaining are her and the new friends she made.

Nara reaches her hand out in fear for what's coming, but before she can say any of their names, they die off in front of her.

N̶O̶.̶1̶0̶ ̶J̶E̶O̶N̶ ̶J̶U̶N̶G̶K̶O̶O̶K̶

N̶O̶.̶ ̶1̶5̶ ̶J̶U̶N̶G̶ ̶H̶O̶S̶E̶O̶K̶ ̶

With tears in her eyes, she meets eyes with the last boy. He looks up at her with his gentle ones and for some reason, he was the one that made her heart hurt the most.

She watches in horror as he brings a knife to his neck.

"D-don't-"

N̶O̶.̶ ̶7̶ ̶K̶I̶M̶ ̶T̶A̶E̶H̶Y̶U̶N̶G̶

Jolting awake, Nara pants, her trembling fingers touching her face.

"Nara?" A soft voice calls for her.

Whipping her head to look at the guy beside her, she feels herself start to calm down.

"I dreamt you died," she reveals.

Covering her face with her hands, she leans over, "I dreamt you died, Taehyung."

Seeing how much that bothers her, he gives her a comforting smile.

"What a silly dream."

.

.

.

.

.

EPISODE 7