Entry #2

The next day....

After my long talk with my mom I went online to register for the fall semester all I had to do is get my paperwork together with my transcripts than I had to take a placement test, which I scheduled on Monday. Noah came over to look at my moms car he told me the car needed a new starter along with a bunch of other things that I couldn't afford but luckily the car is an older car and the part isn't expensive Noah only charged me $50 for the part and he'd do the labor for free he's my saving grace.

my neighbor agreed to take Kyle to school her son goes to the same school and I trust that she'd get him to school safely but I'd have to catch the bus to work I had to get up extra early. My mom's nurse Sonia came on time she's an older Jamaican woman her and my mom have bonded over the years she's really an incredible woman and she takes good care of my mom.

I got myself together took a shower put a sweater on its a little cold in the morning I deposited  my check on my Chase Bank app saved me the trip of going to the bank.

Clocked into work counted my drawer I opened my line the store was pretty slow. So I wiped the conveyer belt down praying that today will be a better day.

" you, open shorty?" a male voice says.

I didn't even turn around I walked over to the register and responded yes.

My eyes met his face this guy was good looking green eyes, light-skin with slickly curly hair slicked back into a low ponytail.

He was tall had to be at least 6'3 he was fine he put his items on the belt I ringed him up he didn't have many items.

" Slow day?" He said.

I looked up and nodded at him with a nervous smile. He returned the smile back.

" your total is $40.63" I said.

He reached in his pockets he pulled out a wad of cash he pulled the rubber band off pulling out a crips hundred dollar bill.

I scanned the bill in the counterfeit machine he chuckles.

" everything checks out" he joked.

" I'm sorry we just have to check the bills" I said apologetically.

" it's okay shorty I'm just messing with you" he said.

I gave him his change gave him his bags.

" have a nice day" I said.

He winked " you too" with that he left the store.

Once he left my co-worker Karen walked over to my register.

" He's cute" she said.

I chuckled " yea, he was cute" I admitted.

" you didn't slide him your number on the receipt?" She asked.

I shook my head.

" did you see all that cash he had?" She said rubbing her fingers together.

" yeah, I did" I said.

He had more than my whole salary in the palm of his hands. After work I went straight home to check on my mother Kyle was at Basketball practice Noah said he'd drop him because he'd be fixing the car this evening anyway.

My mother had left to her chemo appointment this morning she'd be back later this evening. When she gets back from her appointments she's extremely tired. So I fixed her room up changed her sheets her nightstand had a picture of Kyle and I just a few years ago before she got sick.

It was Kyles birthday he stood over his cake while I stand behind him.

My train of thought was interrupted by the doorbell it was strange because no one comes to visit.