Entry #4

My place
6:30 pm

My mind is racing what did I just do?

"The first night will be the toughest" Chance's voice echoes in my mind. I pulled up to find Noah's parked outside my moms apartment.

This whole scenario of events made me forget that he was meeting me here. He must have been waiting for hours I checked my phone and I have four missed calls from Noah. I looked in my backseat I went to go find some attire for the club I even got a blonde wig. I wasn't sure how all of this will turn out but I needed the money. I stuffed my bags under my seat I parked the car into my assigned spot what was I gonna say? Should I just tell him the truth?

Than I went upstairs using my key I found Noah sitting with my mom they seemed to be having a nice conversation along with Sonia.

" Sorry, I'm late Sonia" I said.

Sonia checked her watch she stayed past fifteen-minutes.

" No, worries Cynthia" she said.

" It was nice to finally meet you Noah" my mom said to him.

I walked to give her a kiss on the cheek before Sonia helped her into her bedroom.

Noah touched my arm " you feeling better?" He asked.

" much better" I said to him.

Sonia come from my mothers room she gave me a quick hug before leaving.

" she's very tired so she'll be sleeping she had a long day" Sonia said.

I nodded " Thank you" I told her before leaving.

My body get weak all of a sudden I felt lightheaded I needed to sit down. I took a seat in the kitchen where my mom was sitting.

" Do you wanna talk about it?" Noah asked sitting across from me.

I could barely look at him I was so angry with myself.

" what was the surprise you had for me?" I asked hoping to change the subject.

He pulled out two tickets to J Coles concert at the Forum being held tomorrow night! The same night I have to work at the club just my fucking luck! Maybe I can call Chance and ask if I could go in Saturday.

" We don't have to go if you aren't up for it" Noah said tucking the tickets in his pocket.

I've never lied to Noah and I didn't wanna start now I took a deep breath.

" Noah I have to tell you something" I said.

He sensed the urgency in my voice so he looked worried.

" I found a job" I said.

" well that's great news.. right?" He asked.

You can do this Cynthia! Don't be a lier like your father!

" here's the thing I have to work tomorrow night so I'll have to miss the concert" I said.

He looked confused " that quick Cynthia?" He asked.

" yeah, the position needed to be filled immediately" I said.

Noah looked even more confused " where do you work? That you need to be working so late on a Friday night?" He asked

Here's my chance to be honest and forthcoming.

" well, I'm working at a club and.."

Noah cuts me off " and what?" He says.

" and I'm bartending" I said.

Noah gave a look of relief " well, that's good I know you'll have no problem making a lot of tips" he said.