Chapter Two

Milan was probably the most extravagant night club I had ever been too. This was definitely a place where the rich and famous frequented. I felt so out of place here. A piece of copper among gold. 

I stood by one of the bars with a martini in hand. This would be my only martini due to the fact it was $35 due to only the finest of liquors being offered. I almost told the bartender to pour it out but I needed the liquid courage.

I had no idea where to even start looking for this man. I had no idea what he looked like, where he would be or if he was even here in the first place. 

I was wearing one of my only dresses that the robbers didn't take. It was that staple piece every woman had, a little black dress. I wore my black stilettos and fake diamond studs. My long dark brown hair was pulled up into a high pony tail and I wore just enough make up to accentuate my best facial features like my long eyelashes, doe-like amber eyes, high cheekbones and full lips.

"I've never seen you here before. Visiting the city?" A man ask with an heavy accent. Italian maybe? He had appeared out of nowhere and caught me off guard. I glanced him up and down quickly taking in the stranger in front of me before locking my eyes back on his dark brown orbs. He was olive skinned and very attractive, probably in his late twenties.

Dark stubble covered most of his strong jawline but it was skillfully edged for a clean cut look. I was instantly drawn to him and the fact that he was wearing a Versace suit and gold Rolex watch, I figured maybe this could be the man. He seemed rich, and powerful but they had a lot of those men who seemed that way in New York.

"I live here actually." I say, taking another tiny sip of my martini. It was running low.

"Doesn't sound like you are from around here." He says, raising an eyebrow. "Doesn't sound like you are from around here either." I counter back.

"Touché" he smirks, looking me up and down like I was like his dinner. "Can I buy you another drink?" He adds, gesturing to my glass. Another drink wouldn't hurt.

I nod and he raised a hand and the bartender immediately comes to his attention. "Another martini for the lady." He says.

The bartender had the martini ready and in my hand before the minute was up.

"So what brings you here? You look lost." He asks, taking another step closer to me. I could smell the tobacco and cologne wafting off him and it drew me in closer. I was a sucker for a good smelling man.

"I'm looking for someone." I say, not explaining further yet. "A date?" He asks.

I shake my head, "No. I'm looking for a man that I heard comes here a lot. I need to speak to him."

At those words he seemed to light up. "Well, well, well... Maybe I can help you find this man."

"I would hate to waste your night. I don't even know if he's here." I explain, there was hundreds of people here. Every minute that ticked by I was losing hope.

"Never a waste of a night helping a beautiful woman like you. I know many people here." He flashes me a smile and I couldn't help but smile back to him.

"Well, thank you."

"So this man, does he have a name?" He ask. I hope I wasn't about to make a fool of myself, "I don't actually know his name... all I know he goes by the name 'The Devil'."

A serious look washes over his face, the flirty atmosphere vanishing into thin air, "The Devil?"

I nod once more. He brings his fingers to the bridge of his nose and massages, shaking his head slightly. My brows furrow at his expression, "Is there something wrong?" I ask.