Chapter Three

I immediate freeze in my tracks as he notices that I noticed him. I quickly turn away and make my way off the small stage. I try to blend back in with the crowd on the dance floor, hoping that he forgets about me once I was out of his sight.

"How were those Martini's?" I hear the thick Italian accent from behind me. I spin around and see Matteo, who was now no longer in the same three piece Versace suit he had on earlier. Now it was just dark grey dress pants and a white dress shirt with his sleeves rolled up halfway up his forearm. He looked a bit more exhausted than he did earlier.

"They were great. Thank you." I say, my eyes kept flickering to the floor. "I need to get going." I tell him, "Have a nice night, Matteo."

He smirks, and it almost makes me want to change my mind. "Maybe our paths will cross again."

"Maybe." I simply say before drunkenly spinning around and making my way out of the club. I take one last glance at where I had last seen the Devil but he was nowhere to be seen.

The cold air whipped at my face as I exited the club. I flagged down a cab and headed back to my apartment.

I was crushed. I felt tears slide out my eyes as the buildings passed by.

I guess this was it. I should start packing tomorrow to go back home to Virginia. Find a new career path. Maybe a receptionist.

I laugh to myself at the thought. There's no way I could ever do that.

Back at my apartment I collapsed back on my torn mattress after throwing my heels across the room. My head was swimming after my night, and all I wanted to do was fall asleep.

I eventually turned to taking some NyQuil just to fall asleep. That night I dreamed of the Devil. The mysterious powerful man. The man I should have feared for some reason. Not even in my dreams did I fear him, instead I found myself embracing him.

-

It was Wednesday night and I was working at the club. I informed Jeremy that this week would be my last week as I would be returning home to Virginia. He was sad to hear the news but understood. He had many girls who ended up leaving the city all together due to being in the same situation as myself.

I never told Cherry and Star that I had found the man. I was still embarrassed about the situation.

"I hate to see you go, Bambi." Star said. "We really enjoyed having you here."

"I hate to go myself but I don't know what else to do. I tried." I say, strapping on my sky high black heels. It was time for me to go on stage. Tonight there still was barely anyone in the crowd. I look at myself one last time in the full length mirror.

Tonight, I was keeping it simple with an all black attire. A sheer black bikini top that had fake crystals glued to it, all spaced evenly so I would sparkle as the lights hit me on the stage and I wore matching thong bottoms.

I hear my favorite song to dance too start to play, I walk out on stage and I start to dance around, twirling around the pole and putting on the best show I could to make the most amount of tips or maybe someone would even want a private dance which means more money in my pocket.

As I get close to one man near the stage, I shake my ass in front of him while on my knees and I feel him slide money into the strap of my thong. I smile to him than continue around the stage, giving a little attention to anyone near by.

I go back to the pole and take off my top as I dance some more. I hear a couple whistles from men and then I close my eyes and just let the music take me away. While I danced I thought about my life back in Virginia, how a few years ago I never imagined myself where I am now. Tits out and shameless on a stage in NY. But anywhere was better than there I used to think. Especially after what had happened. I hated the thought of going back and facing my demons. I prayed for a miracle as I focused on the lights above me as tears threatened to spill