{1}Perfect Stranger

☕Chapter 1☕
Perfect Stranger

  You rested a bouquet of red spider lilies upon the grave of your dead uncle, the flowers meant deep sorrow or regret.
There are a lot of things he regretted, especially after killing that ghoul who was three months pregnant. And yes, he was a retired member of CCG, so CCG was delighted to sponsor the wake and the funeral.
     "He was a great man, one of the best investigators I've ever known." Special Investigator Mado said as he patted your back.
"Yeah, he was wasn't he?" You wiped a few stray tears from your eyes.
"When we were searching his house, we found his will."
"What did it say?" Mado handed you the paper that stated his will.
"His insurance money and his share house are all yours to keep, so it said."
"Oh, okay. Thank you Mado."
"No problem, child."
"I'm thirty years old, Special Investigator Mado, when will you stop calling me a child?"
"Only time can tell. And if you ever change your mind, you can come back to the CCG. Your family was a legacy, you know? It would be a shame if it withers away into ash. He has a great amount of quinques that can be used."
"No thank you Mado, my investigator days were over five years ago. You can give those quinques to the trainees, or keep it for yourself."
"Oh well, I can't force you. Have a nice life."
A tall, muscular man with white hair touching his broad shoulders came and rested a bouquet of flowers right next to yours.
You watched as the handsome man walked away and exited through the gate.
And that made you wonder, who was that man?

☕☕☕

     Later that day, you went to the share house to find no one there. You saw that coffee was made in the kitchen and the laundry room had clothes, maybe the person wasn't there.
You then went to your interview for a job at Anteiku.
"Previous occupation?"
"A secretary."
"Have you ever done this kind of job before?"
"When I was back in collage, it was a bakery that was not too far from here."
"You can begin tomorrow, Touka here will get you your uniform."
"Follow me." The young woman said,
"Oh, yes." You got up and followed the young woman named Touka. She led to a room that had two shelves, one for male uniforms and the other for females.
"What's your size?"
"Oh, it's (Size)."
"(Size)... There it is.." Touka pulled open a drawer and took out a uniform of your size.
"Thank you, Touka."
"No problem, see you tomorrow- what's your name?"
"It's (Last Name) (Name) but just call me (Last Name.)"
You took the uniform from her hands and she then led you out the room. "Go downstairs and you'll see the entrance in which you came through."
Touka directed you,
you nodded in understanding and went downstairs.
The man who was at your uncle's funeral crossed your mind,

Who was he? Was he an investigator?

Was he a family member you didn't know about?

No, if he was, he would have introduced himself to you.

Was a friend of your uncle? No, he always raved about his friend to you.

As you were in your thoughts, you bumped into someone. "Oh, forgive me." You bowed as an apology.
"It's alright." The person said, you looked up at the person and it was him. The same man from the funeral.