{18}Two Become One

☕Chapter 18☕
Two Become One

    You sat back and carefully knitted a blanket for your unborn baby that will be due in a few weeks time.
Renji came in and kissed your forehead and sat before you,
"What you making there?"
"Just a blanket," you lifted it up a little for him to see.
"Not bad, it's really coming together, and its soft too."
"I know, Riyoko taught me- I wish she was still here.."
"People come and go, and people live and die. That's just life. And think of it this way, even if you managed to prevent her from leaving that fateful day, she still would've end up dying, anyhow you take it."
"Okay.." You sighed as you rubbed your belly and watched as the glassy sky shattered into pieces and fell down slowly.
Renji closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Marry me."
"Huh?" His words made the baby do back flips in your belly.
"I love you, (Name). The day I met you was unbeknownst to me, the best day of my life. And now that we're going to be a family, I can't feel any happier."
Your eyes were overflown with tears your heart was beating so fast it was humming.
"Why are you asking me this when you already know that I would say yes? Of course I would marry you!!"
You dropped everything in your hands and leapt into his arms.

☕☕☕

"On this wonderful day, we come to witness the coming together of these two halves that has formed one whole," Yoshimura started.
"Literally- ouch!" Nishio mumbled but was silenced by Uta pinching him.

"(Name)( Last Name), do you take Renji Yomo as your husband as long as you both shall live?"
"Yes, I do. I do, with all my heart and soul."
"And do you, Renji Yomo take (Name) to be your wife?"
"Yes, I do."
"You are now pronounced, husband and wife."

☕☕☕

    You rested a fresh bouquet of white flowers over your uncle's grave.
"Hi, uncle. I hope you're proud of me. I've found the love of my life, he's a ghoul, I'm pregnant, we're married.. I've never been happier in my whole life." You sighed.
"But.. I wish you were in it. Mado is probably turning in his grave, oh gosh, he'd probably want to kill me as well. I should get going, I'm talking too much."
     You were about to exit the cemetery when you saw two people who looked rather familiar.
"Akira and Amon?"  You thought.
"(Name)?" They said in unison.
"Hi, I haven't seen you two in a while.."
"Yeah, too long. I heard you were dating but I wasn't expecting all of this.." Akira said.
"Me neither.." Amon said.
"Well, we all have to expect the unexpected in this life- oh, my husband's here. See you guys some other time!"
You left them there.
"Good for her." Akira nodded to herself before leaving.