Chapter 31

Jimin had haphazardly dressed himself and quickly left the dorms - making his way to the hospital. On the way there many thoughts went through his head. He was terrified of what may have happened to you - how bad is it? How did it happen? How long ago?

When he finally reached the hospital he found his way to the ward you were being kept in, and with guidance from text from Ash he was able to find the room. He turned a corner and saw the familiar face of Ash waiting outside of the room.

"Ash!" He called out as he picked up the pace.

Ash lifted their head as their name was called, "Finally, you're here."

"How is she? What happened? Is she OK?"His voice sounded panicked since he was short of breath and speaking very quickly.

"Calm down," they tried to reassure him, "It's OK, she's stable now."

Jimin's breathing relaxed ever so slightly.

"She's awake but she's not in the best condition so before you go in I need to tell you everything," Ash began, "This is a lot so bare with me. For the past four days she's been having intense headaches, and it wasn't until 2 days ago that she had one so intense that she blacked out. In most cases she would just be given a little medical attention and told to get back to the usual stuff, but the reason why she was taken here is because she blacked out while walking down the stairs..."

Jimin's breath stopped as Ash finished their sentence, simply waiting for any sign of good news.

"The doctors have checked her over and she's mostly OK. She's able to breathe, eat, drink and move fine. It's just..."

Jimin's heart sank, "Is she suffering memory loss again?"

Ash looked up at him with a look of confirmation.

Jimin sighed in sad frustration - shutting his eyes tightly and almost losing his balance, "Not again...So, she doesn't know who I am again?"

"No...That's not it," Ash was silent for a moment, "Jimin, you're the only person she remembers."

After taking a few minutes to process the information Ash had told him, Jimin decided to enter your hospital room, his steps were slow and Ash waited outside. As he turned his head to see you laying in the hospital bed he felt his heart almost stop.

You had cuts and bruises all over your body and face, nothing seemed to have been left untouched. He slowly moved to sit on the chair by your bed. Though you knew he was there, neither of you spoke.

After a few minutes of silence, Jimin decided to speak up, "I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry for everything. I shouldn't have left you. You needed people to look after you and I was selfish. If I had just told you-"

"-Jimin." You interrupted. Jimin lifted his head to look at you - allowing you to see the redness of his eyes, "You're not to blame for this. I shouldn't have reacted the way I had. I just had some ideal world in my head that didn't live up to expectations, and besides, you wouldn't have been able to control what happened to me. We're both stupid for being too emotional."

There was a pause of silence as the tension began to dissipate.

"Am I...Really the only one you remember?" he asked in a quiet voice.

You were silent for a moment, "All I remember is waking up and seeing that Ash person by my bed side. I didn't recognise them and at first - I didn't recognise anyone, but then they mentioned your name in passing and suddenly you were the only one I could think of. I feel bad that I don't recognise Ash, they seem very hurt, but all I can do for now is hope that my memories return to me soon."

Jimin stayed by your side for about half an hour, you didn't say much but you were grateful for the familiar face.

"Jimin, I think it's time for you to go back home for the night. You'll be told to leave soon by staff." You finally spoke up.

Jimin glanced up at the clock on the wall and saw that you were right. He nodded sadly then looked back to your blankets, "Listen, Y/N." he spoke in a determined tone, "I promise that I am going to do anything to stop you from hurting. I am going to make all of this go away...Even if I have to do the impossible."