2

Chapter two

"Haha, no."

Damn it.

It had been, I shit you not, almost an entire hour of me begging.

Yes. I, Noah Parker, was begging.

I had managed to convince Amy and Russell to leave after telling them that my darling Liam and I had a brunch date with his parents, but now I was losing my mind! God I was a shit liar. I was an idiot. I was a psycho.

"What do you want? Hmm?" We were still in the kitchen, April had started watching us ramble on like we were some reality tv show or something. "Liam, I'll give you anything! Please!"

"Look, kid, when I advised to tell the girl you were gay, I didn't mean tell her you were gay with me." The tall brunette walked over to the living room to his sister, casually just ending our conversation entirely. "Hey, I think I'm gonna buy mom and dad some wine for when I go over later. Wanna come with me t-"

"Liam Braxton!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, stomping over to the living room. "We are not done talking!"

"Yes." He gave me a bored look. "We are."

"April!" I collapsed on the empty couch, my feet kicking the small table on the edge. "Tell your brother to be my fake boyfriend!"

"What?" I could see Liam furrow his eyebrows and point his arms my way like I was a weirdo.

"Don't bring me into this Noah."

"Why do you guys hate me?!" I buried my face on the couch and whined dramatically. "I'm a good person!"

"April, your roommates a child."

"I'm aware."

"Pplleeaassee!" I shot up from the couch and rushed over to the coffee table in front of the siblings. "Liam! Please. C'mon! I... It was... Ugh!" I rubbed at my eyes, seriously tired of repeating the same thing over and over. "I was under the influence! Okay? I was drunk. I was really drunk. Just... Do me this solid dude! I know we literally barely know each other. And we've never really spoken much when you visit, but... Please."

"Look, dude," Liam scoffed and leaned his elbows on his knees to give me an annoyed look. "What exactly do you want me to do?"

"Just..." shit. "I don't know! Just pretend to be my boyfriend."

"Riiight." He rolled his eyes. "What exactly does that entail? Hmm? What am I suppose to do?"

I took a deep breath. "Come to the wedding with me." He raised a brow at me, because obviously that wasn't all. "And the rehearsal dinner. And every other rehearsal they're gonna have. And, like, just...I don't know! I've never had a fake boyfriend!" Or a real one for that matter!

"Does it look like I have the time for that?" The brunette threw his head back and laughed. "Don't drag me into your weird drama kid."

"I. Will. Do. Anything!" How much could I stress that? There was literally no going back now. Id told Amy he was my boyfriend. It was impulsive. It was stupid. It was just ramblings from an idiot, really. But there was no turning back.