9

Chapter nine

"I'll pick up some Chinese food."

I put the phone back in my pocket after finishing the call with April, then continued making my way towards my car. I had finished doing a shoot earlier today, so after clearing out the studio I was finally able to head home.

I was starving. And tired. Chinese food sounded perfect right about now, and there was a great place not far from here.

Just as I got to my car, my phone vibrated signaling a text.

April: 'Liam asked if you could get him extra egg rolls'

I froze for a second. Oh. Liam was joining us for dinner? Ohhhh.

Why?

I knew he lived in our building now, but I thought he was still busy unpacking and settling in and the residency stuff or whatever.

It'd been a couple days since the Halloween party, but I hadn't seen him since that night. That stupid stupid night that I can barely remember! I was so... embarrassed. Ridiculously embarrassed that I didn't have the guts to talk to him.

And surprise surprise, Liam lived in our building now!  My Dads best friends, who also happened to be my godparents, owned the condos where I lived, so they easily set Liam up with a lease and arranged the monthly payment to fit his budget. He lived a couple floors lower from April and I, and even with his move, I had managed to avoid him for days.

I didn't want to see him. I had embarrassed myself beyond belief! I had kissed some random guy in front of my sisters friends, which did come back to bite me in the ass because Lily called me the next day demanding an explanation for being a terrible boyfriend, and April said that Liam had brought me home super drunk and I was begging him to kiss me!

Could you fucking believe that? Liam had to deal with drunk Noah, then he had to bring me all the way back to my apartment and the whole time I was basically harassing him!

The absolute worst part was that I could barely remember a thing. Wow, was this becoming a pattern? Me getting black out drunk then doing stupid things and regretting it immensely the next morning?

I was never drinking again!

I didn't wanna face Liam. I liked avoiding awkward situations at all costs, and this would definitely be weird.

I really fucking sucked.

•••

I think the universe had a good time fucking with me.

Was God mad at me? Had I pissed off some powerful people? Oh my God, did I just have terrible luck because I forgot to share some stupid Facebook post back in 2012?

There had to be some explanation as to why stuff like this happened to me.

"April said she'd be back in a minute." Liam sat down across from me at the kitchens breakfast bar after washing his hands. "She got some call from-"

"Ashton Burló, I know." I tried smiling at him quickly before looking back down at my plate filled with takeout. "I didn't think he'd call this late, but it's an important call." Ashton Burló was one of the marketing managers for a new online clothing store that was starting up. They wanted April and I to be their photographers for their new line, so this call was important for us to come up with a base plan for when we met in person.