3

Chapter Three

Keke Palmer as Lily Parker

"Okay, go over it one more time?"

I inhaled sharply, then turned to the tall brunette. "Lily was adopted at 3 when I was born. She's a model, so you've probably seen her in a Target ad or something. She lives in New York with her boyfriend James. And she's really, really, energetic and bubbly. She speaks her mind, and she has a problem with filtering herself sometimes."

Liam looked down at his lap, and nodded slowly. We were sitting in my car, outside the restaurant we agreed to meet my sister.

He wore some dark jeans and a white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up. His short brown hair looked perfect in an effortless kind of way, he'd shaved this morning which made him look interestingly younger, and his demeanor was thankfully, calm and composed despite the situation we were in.

"Sorry," his bright blue eyes looked up to mine as he gave me a side smile. "We talked about your family and all that stuff yesterday, and I still can't wrap my mind around it."

"No no," I chuckled slightly. After agreeing to the 'double date' with Lily yesterday, Liam and I had to make this whole fake relationship thing look legit. We spent hours talking about the perfect cover story for our fake relationship  so that if my sister asked any questions, we'd both have the answer. "I- I mean... you don't..." I sighed. "I'm sorry Liam. For putting you in this situation and all."

The brunette went back to looking at his lap, then nodded slowly. I knew he didn't want to do this, I mean obviously. Who would? But I genuinely was grateful for the help he was giving me.

"Should we head inside?"

"Yup." Liam cleared his throat, then began opening to door to exit the car. Once we were both out, I locked the doors and began walking towards the doors of the fancy restaurant.

I ran a hand through my blonde hair and bit my lip. Why the hell was I so nervous? I looked to my right and Liam looked extremely composed as he walked next to me. How the hell did he do that?

What if Lily realized this was fake? What if she told Amy? Everyone would think I was a psychopath! I mean, who does this? No one! Only someone as stupid and idiotic as me makes up a fake gay relationship to get out of confronting my feelings!

God I was a freak!

"Give me your hand." I was taken out of my thoughts by Liams rough voice. I turned to look at him with furrowed eyebrows, then realized what he meant. "You're my boyfriend and all," he raised a bored brow. "We gotta act the part."

Right. Boyfriends.

I placed my phone in my pocket, which I honestly hadn't even realized was in my hand, then intertwined my fingers with Liams. His large hand felt a bit rough against mine, but I didn't really care. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried to relax.

WHY THE HELL WAS I SO JUMPY? This was my sister! I had to calm down. If she found out I was lying though..... she'd think I was insane.

"Alright." Liam smirked beside me. "Showtime."

Oh God.