TaeKai: Dance Cold (Part 2)

The next day....

"ACHOO!" this was the first thing that Taemin heard when he woke up the next morning. He opened his eyes and saw that Jongin was still laid on top of him, asleep. He almost immediately felt the heat of Jongin's body which was too hot for comfort.

"Nini?" Taemin was careful not to shake Jongin too vigorously. Jongin groaned, opening his eyes but only in slits.

"Let's get you to bed Nini" Taemin secured his arms under Jongin's neck and his popliteal and gently carried him up, making sure not to shake his lover too much.

(A/N: the popliteal is the area behind the knees)

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Taemin made it to their shared room and carefully laid Jongin down on the bed. Jongin immediately went under the covers, body shivering from being too cold despite the warm weather.

Taemin went to the bathroom in their bedroom to retrieve the thermometer from the medicine cabinet and went back to Jongin to check his temperature. Jongin was about to fall asleep again when Taemin asked him to open his mouth for the therometer. Taemin placed the tip of the thermometer under Jongin's tongue and Jongin closed his mouth to keep the instrument in place.

While the thermometer was doing its job, Taemin got up again and went to get some pills from the medicine cabinet and a towel damped in cold water to lower his lover's fever, all while wondering what caused his lover to be this sick.

The thermometer beeped as Taemin put the things he was carrying on the bedside table. He carefully pulled the device out of Jongin's mouth and checked.

"38.7°C... my poor Nini bear."

Taemin put the thermometer down and gave a water bottle - which was conveniently placed on their bedside table - to Jongin then shook a few pills out of the pill bottle and into Jongin's other hand.

Jongin opens the water bottle and as he was going to pop the pills into his mouth..

"ACHOO!" he accidentally spills some of the water on Taemin's shirt. Fortunately, it was less than a fourth of the water but he still felt guilty.

Jongin sniffed "sorry babe." Despite his tired eyes, you could see the emotion of worry being expressed in them.

Taemin smiled to ease his lover's worries "don't worry about it, water evaporates. It will dry eventually. Just take your medicine so that your sickness could evaporate too."

Jongin takes his medicine and drinks more than half the bottle before closing the bottle and giving it back to Taemin.

Taemin sat down on the bed and looked at his sick lover in silence.... until the latter whined and stretched out his arms, requesting for a cuddle, to which Taemin happily complied.

Jongin laid down on his side and Taemin went behind him, his back against Taemin's chest.

"Does anything hurt babe?" Taemin softly whispered, draping his arm gently around Jongin's torso.

"Tummy... throat... head... ACHOO!" Jongin sniffed "chest.."

Taemin puts a hand under Jongin's shirt and slowly rubs the skin up and down, gently massaging both Jongin's chest and tummy. Jongin allows the slow rubbing motions and the warmth of Taemin's hand to relax his body enough for him to go back to sleep.

"Do you want anything at the moment?" Taemin asks, continuing his actions.

Jongin sighs in relaxation "I just want you to hold me close to you and continue what you're doing right now."

Taemin smiles and pressed a kiss to Jongin's temple "wish granted."

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-

Taemin was on his way back up to their shared room, a bowl of fried rice and a cup of tea on a tray in his hands. He walked the short hallway and towards the open door of their room.

Jongin was sleeping soundly, an arm over his eyes to block the light. Taemin set the tray down on the bedside table and looked at Jongin in silence. It was pretty obvious that Jongin was having a hard time breathing because of his cold and he looked a bit restless with the way his body was shivering. Taemin hoped that the food he prepared will help him warm up.

Taemin sat down on the bed "Jonginnie, wake up babe~. I prepared lunch for you." He noticed that some mucus was dripping down Jongin's nose and immediately started wiping it with a tissue.

"Hyuuuung~" came Jongin's quiet and croaky voice. Taemin frowned. Jongin only calls him hyung when he's distressed. Jongin lifted his head up, eyes still closed and rested his head on Taemin's shoulder. He immediately felt the heat of Jongin's fever, but still pulled Jongin close to him to give his lover as much comfort as he could.

Jongin sniffed "I don't wanna be sick anymore..." tears started to flow down his face. He can't help it, the pain was just so overwhelming

Taemin's frown deepened "I know baby," he said as he rubbed Jongin's back "your flu will be gone before you know it. Until then, I'll make sure that you're as comfortable as possible. I'm sorry I can't take your sickness away but I can still help you get better. It may be a slow process, but you'll get there, okay?"

Jongin nods, the tears stopped flowing and were replaced with constant sniffles. Taemin handed him a tissue to blow his nose. Jongin does so and groans, exhausted.

"I made you some lunch since you haven't eaten yet" Taemin said as he rubbed Jongin's back again.

"Thank you" Jongin croaked moving to lean against the bed rest. He closed his eyes as Taemin moved to get the fried rice he prepared. He sat beside Jongin, scooped some rice into a spoon and moved it towards the latter's mouth.

Jongin ate quietly, too exhausted to utter a sound. He raised the duvet up to his shoulders and sighed. Taemin kissed Jongin's temple and fed him another spoonful.

"If I didn't have this stupid cold I would be tasting your great cooking right now" Jongin groaned as he felt light-headed.

Taemin gave him a sympathetic smile "it's probably not that great anyway."

Jongin frowned but Taemin fed him another spoonful before he could reply. Eventually the bowl becomes empty and Taemin hands the warm Jasmine tea to Jongin.

Jongin almost immediately becomes drowsy after a few sips. "I'm.... sleepy~~~"

Taemin gently takes the cup from Jongin fearing that the rest of the tea might spill. He sets it on the bedside table and watches as Jongin lies back down, duvet up to his nose.

"Feeling any better?" Taemin slowly strokes Jongin's hair.

"A little." Taemin lies down and and continues to run his fingers through Jongin's hair. Jongin hums in contentment, leaning into the touch.

"Thank you for taking care of me Minnie, I love you so much" Jongin reaches up and kisses Taemin's temple.

#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#

The next day...

Jongin slowly opened his eyes and noticed an arm loosely hanging on his waist. He shifts to the other side to come face to face with his Taeminnie.

He wraps an arm around Taemin's torso and kisses Taemin's cute little nose.

"Thank you so much Minnie. I love you~"

Taemin's eyes flutter open. He lifts the arm resting on Jongin's waist and places a hand in Jongin's soft fringe, combing it gently.

"You're welcome Nini. I love you too~"