I -- Silent Love Under The Moon -- Part III

The male servant hurried over to the garden, bringing two spears, when he saw the silver-haired woman attacking his master. Unflinching, he jumped in between them and swiped the spears, intending to steer the woman farther from his master. Tyler Lu tried to push him away. Too late. 

A cracking sound infused the air, followed by a loud thud as the servant's lifeless body slumped to the ground. His skull cracked open; the remnants of his brains scattered around. Blood poured freely out of his gaping mouth yet he didn't even manage to scream. 

He was dead. Too fast for the audience to initiate any moves or to defend themselves.

A shriek came from behind a tree, followed by the sound of falling broomsticks. The woman sped towards the direction where the sound came from; her amber eyes shone like those of an eagle on a hunt. In just a heartbeat's time, before the female servants could get a grasp of the situation, they were dead too. The woman's eyes gleamed with excitement as she inhaled the metallic scent of blood. Three of her targets were eliminated. Too simple.

Madam Wu leaped from the ground and sped towards the woman. Swinging her sword, she urged, "Mikayla Lee, stop killing the innocents! You're turning into a devil!"

Mikayla Lee turned around. Perplexity stole across her face as she saw Madam Wu but she managed to register a threatening tone to her voice. "Go away, before I kill you too!" She flung her long sleeves and Madam Wu was sent reeling to a stone bench in the garden.

Tyler Lu and his wife seized the chance to bolt towards Mikayla Lee from both sides. The she-devil gave out a burst of shrill laughter before swinging the sleeves of her robes again. She paused to relish the scene as twirls of dust enveloped her confused enemies in an instant. 

Then, as if remembering her real intention, she leaped to the air, laughing still.

Her body seemed to be lighter than a feather that even gravity didn't have any effect on her. Floating right above the middle section of the manor, she retrieved three silvery needles from the inside of her robes and tossed them downward. The roof blasted apart. Her eyeballs scanned the floor plan and landed on the meditation chamber. Curious, she descended. As she saw Xavier Lu and Yosephine Ho's altars, she let out a blood-curdling screech.

"Xavier was dead? How's that possible? He was dead even before I could avenge my misery!" As if she had become berserk, she spun around the chamber, brushing down all the candles. The chamber was immediately alight with fire as the embers dropped on the curtains.

She didn't care.

As her sole targets were no longer alive, she changed her mind. "Where are the two little girls?" 

She sped skyward through the opening of the roof just in time before the fingers of flames could wrap around her sheen. The sound of her cackling morrow in contradict to her emotions. As she landed back on the garden, Tyler Lu welcomed her with his spear. His eyes flashed with anger, like charcoals soaked in kerosene, emitting sparks more ferocious than those that were toasting down his manor now. Mikayla Lee sniggered at his clumsy movements. He would be dead with a snap of her fingers. She wanted to end this quickly but the way he swiped his spear reminded her of Xavier Lu. Her tangled thoughts collided, condemning her.

Kill him! Her inner demon commanded.

Her talons outstretched, but she halted mid-way. If she killed him now, she wouldn't be able to see his masculine physique as he played with his spear. Not anymore. Xavier Lu's face flashed across her mind. His skin was so fair that even the moon would feel ashamed. His soft giggles rang in her ears as he helped plait her hair. The way his biceps bulged as he hugged her. Or Yosephine Ho. Mikayla Lee shook her head. Her nostrils flared with sudden anger.