II -- Son of the Old Pal -- Part II

The teenage boy, upon hearing the girls' screams, had also leaped up to the sky. Stealthily, a hand slid behind Mikayla Lee's waist as he said, "Beautiful lady, you came to my humble abode and hurt my guests without greeting me first. I disapprove of your manner. Put down the girls."

Before his words trailed away, he pinched Mikayla Lee's underarms. Though the pressure given was soft, it was enough to surprise Mikayla Lee. Immediately, she released Yenny and Precious without herself knowing it. As the girls howled in ominous terror, out of nowhere, the condors sped towards them and each grabbed on their clothes with their claws.

Mikayla Lee didn't care. All of her focus was on the boy who was hugging her with both hands now. Even though she had a short relationship with Xavier Lu before, she hadn't had any skin contact with him. As a reflex, she placed her hands on the boy's chest. She could channel her power and crush his heart easily with this distance, but she didn't do so. She didn't know why.

This boy reminded her of Xavier Lu. 

Her ferocious glare softened. Xavier... Xavier... She called for his name silently and suddenly the hatred in her eyes returned. You shall pay for my misery! She descended and once her feet touched the ground, she pushed the boy away and lunged at Yenny.

Her talons outstretched but she halted her attack almost instantly as she saw the handkerchief around Yenny's neck. He'd kept my gift to him well all this time. He had never forgotten about me. This girl must be his daughter. Should I let her live or shouldn't I? Fine, I'll kill the other one.

Flinging her sleeve, she pulled Precious to her. Her eyes widened in bewilderment as she saw Precious donning on a similar handkerchief. This one must be a replica. Irked, she tightened the sleeve around Precious' neck and was about to strangle her when something hit her back. The force, even only hit a small dimension on her back, enough to make her bones rattle.

Curious of who could've assaulted her, she turned around without releasing Precious. A stone spewed through the air and almost hit her temple. Edgily, she slapped it away. Her skin singed at the brief contact between her palm and the stone. She squinted. The leaves and grasses remained still, not willing to release the hideout of her attacker.

Thinking that the person might be someone powerful, she seized Precious and flew skyward.

Yenny followed underneath the mass shadow but her little feet were too slow for catching up with Mikayla Lee's speed. Minutes later, she lost track of the she-devil. In front of her, a wide stream blocked her path. The gurgling sound of the flowing water muffled up Precious' scream. 

Yenny's heart burned with agitation. Her fear escalated as she caught sight of Mikayla Lee speeding towards her along a small wooden bridge from the other direction. Precious was nowhere to be seen. Despite her fear, Yenny asked, "Where's my cousin sister?"

For the first time, Mikayla Lee studied the girl before her carefully. Several heartbeats later, she said with a voice colder than the winter's frost, "With that face of yours, you will either hurt someone when you grow up or be hurt. It's better we end the pain earlier."

Without a word of warning, she planted her talons into Yenny's scalp. She was about to crash Yenny's bones when something tugged at her wrist and yanked her hand away from her victim. She turned around and saw nothing. It felt as if the air was attacking her.

Throughout these twenty years, she had met hundreds, if not thousands of rivals. None of them released an aura as kinky as this. Alarmed, she asked, "Who's there? Show yourself!" Her voice reverberated around the thickets of trees like a ghost teasing her.