Chapter 2: The Elevator

I was just star struck for few second as I saw Charles Bason the singer and my celebrity crush, standing right in front of me. My heart actually skipped a beat, but then I calmed myself down, acted to be normal and stepped in the elevator. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Charles staring me and then looking down to his phone. I think he could sense my excitement to see him. My heart was jumping and dancing as we went down each floors, but I tried to keep a straight and a calm face. As we reached the fifth floor the elevator stopped with a jerk. I got scared and started looking all around myself. I tried pressing buttons but none of it was working. I looked at Charles and he could see me panicking. But he was quite calm.

I started shouting on the speaker "Help, please someone help us, we are stuck and I am claustrophobic. I cannot breathe, please help me!" Charles could see me panicking and getting scared. So he rubbed his hand on my back and said "Calm down girl, the elevator will soon start working. There must be some issue but we'll be out in a minute. Just relax and take deep breaths." He was so calm and patient.

I was shocked to see him so kind and he was comforting me. I didn't know whether I should be happy or upset about being stuck in an elevator with him, ALONE. But as I was claustrophobic, so I couldn't calm myself at all.

"My name is Charles Bason and I am a singer," he said. I assumed he was trying to make a conversation and distract me from the situation. But as he said that, I looked at him with confusion *'damn yeah I know you* I said to myself. "Of course I know who you are. I am Jennifer Brandon" introducing myself I smiled at him. Thinking to myself, he is not even going to remember me after we get out of this elevator. But still, it was really sweet of him to have a conversation with me. He further continued saying, "So Jennifer, what are you doing here, at Beverly Hill?"

"I am here for a mee--"

A male voice across the speaker interrupted me, "We are really very sorry for the inconvenience...but the technician is here and the elevator will start soon." As soon as I heard the voice my eyes were wide open. It sounded familiar like I know the person. It just took me seconds to recognize it and I started shouting on the speaker "Dan is that you? Have you locked me down here on purpose? I know your voice. I know it's you. I don't know why are you doing this to me but you have to get me out of here now!!" I was in shock to hear his voice and there were plenty of questions in my mind. My eyes were filled with tears but I controlled myself as I saw Charles staring at me with confusion on his face. Dan didn't reply anything, soon the lift took a jerk and started working. Before Charles could ask me anything the elevator doors opened and I ran to the washroom without even looking at him. I had to run away from him. It was very rude from my side and I know it, but I couldn't say a word without tears rolling down my cheek. I locked myself in the washroom and started crying as my phone vibrated.

"Yes, it was me over the speaker and I am shocked that you recognized my voice. I think you know why I did this to you. I cannot apologize for what I did in past but I can at least make it up to you. You deserve it." a message from Dan Pent popped on my screen.

I just couldn't believe what just happened to me. I opened the message and replied, "you have done a lot of damage in my life and all you can do to make it up is just stay away from me...leave me alone and let me move on or else I'll disclose your identity."

I was eagerly waiting for him to reply but he didn't. Actually, I knew he wouldn't reply. I was upset and confused as to what I should do now. I called up Aria and explained everything.

Aria in a confused tone, "What you were in an elevator with Charles Bason? What is he doing here? Why would Dan do that? Why would he message you after two weeks and lock you in an elevator?"

"I think I know why he did it. Meet me at home and I'll explain to you everything." I replied and hung up the call. I left the hotel and took a cab home. On my way back I thought about the day I went on a beach date with Dan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

guys, I hope you like this chapter. don't forget to vote and comment. I would love to hear what you have to say. I will be posting my next chapter soon. also, share it with your friends if you think they would love to read my story too.