Chapter 3: Beach Date

After I hung up the call with Aria, I came out of the washroom. I left the hotel and took a cab home. On my way back home, I went back to thinking about the day when I went on a beach date with Dan Pent.

*** TWO MONTHS AGO...

Dan and I, we were lying down on a beach, looking up at the stars. The weather was just perfect and there was silence around us. I was using his hand as my pillow and holding him tight, my arms around his waist. We were just talking about each other. That's when he asked me, "Who is your celeb crush?"

I took a moment to think about all the actors and singers and other celebrities I found attractive. "To be honest, I am not crushing over any celeb currently." I was still thinking about some celebrities whom I did find attractive and I had a smile on my face. I continued speaking, "I find a lot of them attractive and good looking, but for a short period of time. After some time the attraction is gone from one celebrity to another. I don't crush on someone for a long time."

"Come on everyone has one celeb crush for sure. Don't you admire someone, and hope to meet them? No one?" Dan asked, sounding very curious to know my answer. Giving him a smile, "No I really don't. I wish I had a celeb crush, and when I meet him/her I would start crying and hugging and taking photos with the celeb like a normal fan. I just wish that!!" I started laughing... and I continued, "Oh but there was a time when I was in high school and I used to think Charles Bason is my soul mate. Last I remember I had a huge crush on him in high school." he looked at me and we both started laughing.

"What? Charles Bason, the singer?" he continued laughing, giving me a look like I was a little baby girl asking for an unaffordable toy. I felt ashamed of what I said and so I was trying to avoid looking into his eyes. I replied, "I know I wasn't a little girl to think that, but something happened which made me believe that it's true" I was still avoiding eye contact and continued to say,

"You know I believe in destiny right?" as I say this, I see him nodding his head. I continue to speak, "One day, I was once just sitting in my room listening to songs on my playlist. At that time, I used to love listening to slow and romantic songs. So I opened my playlist which had only slow, romantic songs and started listening to them. So whenever I used to like any song, I used to know the name of the singer singing that song. But I never used to put an effort and find out about the singer. Not even how he looks and other things about the singer, like a normal fan does. While listening to songs that day, I was going through my Instagram search results, stalking some cute guys, and then I found a picture very cute on my feed. When I clicked on his picture and checked his account...it was Charles Bason. That was the first time I saw his picture and I just couldn't stop checking out at his account, looking at his pictures. He was so cute and adorable. Soon I started finding him attractive. After 10 minutes of looking at his pictures, I realized that I was listening to one of Charles Bason's songs. So I just said to myself if the next song is Charles' song, then he is my soul mate. I have no clue why I said that. I was so stupid then, maybe I said that because he was my celeb crush! And just like every fan wishes to have their crush as their soul mate, so did I.." I looked at Dan, and he was looking at me patiently with curiosity and I started laughing.

"Was the next song by Charles?" he asked, I knew he thought I am stupid school girl but I continued speaking, "Yeah, coincidentally the next song was his and I was in shock too...I just told myself that it is a coincidence." I saw Dan laughing at me, I took a deep breath, and continued, "I didn't want to believe it. So I then told myself, if before this song ends if I see Charles post again on my search feed then he is my soul mate and once in my life I will meet him. I was so sure that before the song ends I won't see his picture in my search feed again. You won't believe it, but that happened too! His post came up before the song ended." I was just looking at Dan, I was embarrassed and he was just laughing at me. "Oh my god! How can you believe in those things!" he said.

"I know that's what I say to myself now. Honestly, I never believed in that or maybe I did, I don't know! But within a few weeks, I just got over that incident and Charles is not my crush anymore. It's just that, this incident will always be as a funny memory with me. I am already embarrassed a lot right now, so please just let's change the conversation." and we both started laughing. ***

BACK TO THE PRESENT DAY...

As I was sitting on the couch thinking about the whole scenario, the doorbell rang. Aria was standing right in front of me when I opened the door and she was curiously looking at me. I told her everything that happened to me today and also about the date night with Dan. She just couldn't control her laugh.

"I cannot believe you thought Charles Bason is your soul mate. I didn't know he is your celebrity crush. But the worst is, I cannot believe what Dan did today. He managed to make Charles Bason talk to you! That's so impossible to believe." She was shocked to hear the whole thing. But she was still laughing. I didn't find it funny anymore. I was just upset about what Dan did today. "He cannot control my life after what he did to me and decide to set me up with Charles, that too in an elevator," I said with anger. I was very angry. Aria just nodded her head, agreeing with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What happens next? please don't forget to vote, comment and add my book to your reading list. Next chapter is coming soon so stay tuned.