Chapter 5: Katherine's Party

{Jennifer Brandon}

Aria's friend had a party and Aria wanted me to join her. I was not really in a mood to go to a party but she convinced me. She wanted to me to get out of the house and forget my past. Honestly I, wanted the same so I agreed. As we entered the party, there were two waiters standing at the entrance, serving welcome drinks. When I took a sip of that drink, I suspected that the taste was slightly different. But I ignored it, as Aria pulled me on the dance floor and we started dancing. Soon I drank the whole glass of wine. While I was dancing with Aria and her friends, I started tripping over. I couldn't understand what was happening around me. Everything was blurred out. I wondered how one drink could affect me so much. I was still dancing when someone pulled me towards himself and took me upstairs into a room. I was not able to understand anything and couldn't even recognize the person who pulled me from behind. He took me to the balcony and told me to sit on the swing and stare at the stars. I couldn't understand anything. In a soft voice I, asked, "Who are you? Why am I here?"

"I am Damien. Now sit here quietly Aria is coming soon. You cannot move." The male voice replied. Before I could say anything he went a few steps away from me. I couldn't get up from the swing even when I tried. I was too drunk to get myself to stand up. But I heard him speaking over the phone, "Jennifer is on drugs that I added to her drink, Alexa I hope you did your job too."

Before I could understand anything, I heard someone entering the room. I heard, footsteps coming towards me and I saw someone sitting next to me. But I was too high to recognize his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Charles Bason}

As I reach Kate's party, I see welcome drinks served. I picked up a glass and started looking for Damien. I couldn't find him anywhere. As I was searching for him, a girl bumped into me and spilt her glass of wine on my shirt. She was wearing a dark blue dress, she was tall and she was drunk.

"I am so sorry to spill my wine on you. My name is Alexa, let me help you clean this. There is a restroom upstairs." She pointed towards the restroom which was inside a bedroom upstairs. "It's okay, I'll find my way to the restroom and clean this up," I replied to her and I went upstairs. As I entered the room, I saw a girl sitting on the swings at the balcony. She looked familiar to me so I went towards her. I was surprised to see that it was Jennifer Brandon. I wondered why she was sitting there alone.

So I sat next to her and said, "Hey, Jennifer! Nice to meet you again." She replied in a drunken voice, "Hello! Do I know you?" she sounded so different this time. I could see it in her eyes that she was too drunk to recognize me, she stared at me for a few seconds, then she said, "Are you a singer? Are you Charles Bason?"  I smiled at her, "Yes! I am Charles Bason. Also, we were stuck in an elevator yesterday, remember?"

"Oh my god! I was stuck in the elevator. Am I dead?" she started panicking again. She looked at herself, up and down. I kept my hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her down "Yeah you are okay." I couldn't control my laugh seeing her innocent face and the way she started panicking again. After she calmed down, I continued to speak "Yesterday you were shouting on the speaker ...I know it's you and what are you doing, get me out of here...what did that mean and whom were you talking to?"

She took a pause to think and then replied "I don't remember anything you are saying. Nothing at all." She was too high, I could see it on her face. I tried changing the conversation, "Okay no problem. Why are you sitting here alone?" She kept staring at me for a while and then replied, "I am alone now, just alone and I hate everyone and I want to cry." Her eyes were filled with tears, she continued "He left me, he just left me even when he knew I loved him. And Aria left me too. She told me she'll come, but she didn't. "

I realized that she just went through a breakup and I didn't want her to feel depressed anymore. But before I could say anything she continued speaking, "I don't want to talk about it to anyone. I was a fool to think that they love me. People cannot be trusted. They come in your life, make you feel special and important and leave. Either they come as true love or fake friends, both are the same." She was very angry and upset.

Trying to cheer her up I said, "Hey you cannot give up on love so easily. I have had breakups too ... you do move on with time and find someone who really loves you. And what have your friends done to you?" Honestly, I had no idea what she was trying to say. "No, people just come and go... It's complicated to explain. I just don't trust people anymore and also I don't want to talk about this anymore." she said with tears in her eyes. I didn't want her to cry so I said, "Okay we won't talk about it. Even I have been through depression and I promise with time you'll be fine."

"Yeah, I have heard your songs! Some of them are very depressing but I like it. Also you I used to have a crush on you. But it's a long story." She chuckled and continued, "I also heard that you had gone through depressions after your breakup. Are you okay now?" she said in a very cute and concerned voice. Just like a five-year-old girl. I just couldn't take my eyes off her face. I replied to her, "Yes I am fine now. Thank you for asking but it was past. Also, I am glad to hear that you like my songs."

"Please don't thank me, just don't be depressed, as you said we all should be happy always." Still, she was speaking like a five-year-old kid and smiling at me. I couldn't understand if she was really too high or just acting but she continued speaking, "I am a very cheerful and fun person. At least I used to be before my breakup. And I am sure I'll soon be fine too. So next time if you get depressed please take my number and call me. I promise you'll be fine within a few minutes after talking to me." As she said this my heart just melted down and I just gave my heart to her at that very point. I will never forget her cute, innocent face. I replied "I promise next time I feel depressed I'll call you. And it's good to hear that you'll be over your break up soon."

She leaned on my shoulder and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. There was a silence for a few minutes. I just didn't want to disturb her and I was sitting quietly staring at her face. I even tried breathing softly so she doesn't get disturbed. Soon she whispered, "He betrayed me. He left me for some mission. He had a wife and a kid when he was dating me. I don't know how could he betray me?" I could hardly hear anything she said and so I replied, "Just be a good person and you will be fine I promise." We were just sitting on the swing and she fell asleep in a few seconds.

She was sleeping like a doll, her hair falling on her eyes and I didn't want to wake her up. So I quietly picked her up in my arms and took her inside the room. I slowly kept her on the bed and very subtly pulled my hands off her. I kissed on her forehead and whispered good night in her ears, knowing she cannot hear me. 

As I was leaving the room I saw a pen and paper next to the bed. I wrote down a letter for her and kept it in the back pocket of her shorts, I also wrote on her hand "check your back pocket" before I left the room.

When I went downstairs the party was over. I had completely forgotten about the meeting with John Carter. I went back to the hotel and laid on my bed. I was thinking about Jennifer for some time and then I went off to sleep. Hoping that Jennifer would call soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue reading to know if Jennifer calls Charles or not. Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE it with your friends. Also, follow me.