Chapter 9: The Mission

Next day, I reach Charles place. I was eager to know what he had to say. As I reach his house, he welcomes me in and hands me a bottle of beer. He was so calm, I couldn't understand what was going on in his mind and suddenly he said, "I know you are Jennifer's ex-boyfriend. I also know you have a family and you left Jennifer for some mission. I want to know what happened between you and Jennifer and why were you dating her when you had a wife? Don't try to avoid me, I deserve to know everything since you pulled me in Jennifer's life."

Yes he deserved to know everything. But I wasn't sure I should tell him everything. I took a deep breath and thought about it. He was looking at me, his eyes were confused and full of questions. I decide to tell him everything. "So our story started two months ago." I started.

***One morning my team and I were called for a meeting with Jordon Saen's assistant. Mark and Co. Ltd. was signing a contract with a foreign company and opposition party was going to unethically use this contract to win the elections. The company was not ready to disclose this deal to the public before the elections. Our mission was to find out about the deal and stop the oppositions to unethically use this contract for their own benefit. When we started researching about the company we found that a girl name Maurise Wilkes was going to sign this contract. She was one of the managers at the company. Gabriel, one of my team mate started working at Mark and Co. Ltd. He paid some members of the management team working under Maurise to get the information about the deal. But no one knew about the deal. He told us that the contract will be signed within two months but the plan will be disclosed to everyone after the elections. We started to plan a way to get close to Maurise. Maxwell, our second team mate, became friends with Maurise's husband. Whereas I, third and the final member of my team, planned to target Jennifer Brandon. I have faked loved a girl before for a mission too, so I thought we could do the same with Jennifer. While researching about Maurise we found out about people she was close too. Jennifer and Maurise were in same college and they used to often meet each other and discuss about market scenarios. Since Maurise was very close to Jennifer we thought that she would definitely tell Jennifer about the deal.  

As per my plan I met Jennifer for the first time at a night club that I knew she was going to be at. I tried getting close to her that night. But she seemed an introvert girl. I had to make her start liking me which didn't happen that night. So I asked her, if she could come for lunch with me the next day and she agreed. She had agreed to meet me, but she sounded as if she would bail on me. I didn't want my plan to fail. So I decided that I won't call her next day, rather went to her friend Maria Vander's  party four days later. Alexa arranged me with an entry pass for that party. Alexa was my wife and I used to tell her everything about my missions. She is a director by profession but from past one year, after she got pregnant she is on a break from working. She helps me in my missions too, if she can.

I thought that if I met Jennifer again, she would show more interest in me. I went to Maria's party on purpose but acted as if I met Jennifer there again co incidently. I then asked her out for lunch and we went to a nearby restaurant. That's how slowly I made her start liking me and after spending time with her for two weeks, I proposed her to be my girlfriend. Jennifer started trusting me blindly. She used to introduce me to her friends. She used to share her secrets with me. She also introduced me to Maurise. Since Maurise had got a big assignment, she wanted to celebrate and so she invited me and Jennifer for dinner at her place. Maurise used to tell Jennifer everything, and that day while having dinner she told us that she was very happy. She was going to lead an assignment with Stefnard Co. and it's going to be a huge project for her company. I finally had succeeded to find out about the contract. After the dinner, as I reached home I called Jordon Sean's secretary and told him about her contract with Stefnard Co. After I told him about the contract, I don't know what he did to stop this deal. Or what he did to stop the opposition party from getting the benefit. My mission was only to find out about the contract.  I continued dating Jennifer till the Election Day thinking that Jordon's team might need some more information about the contract.