I'll Never Let You Go

You had managed to escape the hornets nest of school. Emotions tearing you apart as you ran out the front doors and down the slope the school was planted on, towards your house.
Your mother wasn't home so you could hide out there.

As you frantically ran down the streets and through patches of forest, you had to avoid gazes from other people, looking at you like you were some crazy, to which you probably were at this point.

You finally reached your house, face covered in dry and wet tears, eyes barely able to make out even your door. Scrambling for the handle, you burst through and fell face flat into the living room, breathing heavily and sniffling, lifting your head to look at your surroundings.

You opened your ears, hoping to hear a motherless house. Thankfully, you did, not a trace of a screaming copy of you for ditching school. You were alone.

You scrambled up onto your feet and ran in to the kitchen which had the nearest sink.

You turned the tap to the coldest it could get and splashed your face with water, gasping as your muscles relieved themselves in your face from the tension. You already felt slightly better.

That is, until you heard a loud ass bang come from behind you.

No one was supposed to be home....

You whipped around in a hurry, face stuck in a perpetual frightened expression.

Your eyes frantically grazed over every inch of the house, looking for the source of the noise, your ears tuning in for any sign of a sound.

Just as your eyes grazed over the entrance of the kitchen, you saw him.

Jack.

He had followed you? Did the teacher let him? Even so, why did Jack think he could follow you? You screamed at him and his instinct was to run after your pathetic ass? You were utterly confused, although, deep down in the dark void of your soul, you appreciated it and happy that he did.

He was clearly out of breath, bent over and hands on his knees, mouth agape gasping for air.

"(Y/N).... Damn your a fast runner...." It was all he managed to get out, looking up slightly to you. Your mouth quivered in the beginnings of another hysterical fit.

"Wha.... Get away from me." You said, biting your tongue hard so the pain could distract you from going back into another ugly crying fit.

"No, I'm not gonna leave you like this. Tell me what's wrong...." He looked down, as if to choose his words wisely. "I'm here for you...." He looked directly into your eyes, brows close together, seeming to beg. But that couldn't be it, right? Not towards you.

You shook your head, exhaling air that you didn't know you were holding, and gripped the sink behind you, back pressed up against it.

You wanted to run, but your feet stayed planted.

"Please.... I'll make everything I did wrong to you up, I'll fix it" He said, his voice cracking.

This wasn't like Jack....

"N-N-No.... I-I can't continue to m-make more m-m-mistakes like I usually d-o" You managed to stutter out, gulping hard, your chest heaving.

"You aren't making any mistakes-"

"HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW THAT?!" You snapped, instantly stopping in your tracks. You couldn't hurt him, you may be a monster, but you can't rip him apart, not Jack....

"Because your perfect.... Look, Everyone makes mistakes okay? But you have NEVER made any with me! I would know, trust me, please. I care about you"