Care

That was it.

He said it.

Someone, for the first time, you have heard such disgusting yet beautiful words enter your ears.

You couldn't move.

This couldn't have been real.

Yet you knew it wasn't a dream.

Jack just caressed your back, trying his best to make you feel better.

But why? Why not with someone else of more importance.

You were just a nuisance who couldn't handle other human interactions.

It took forever, but you finally found the feeling in your legs and pulled away from Jack. Your eyes were still glossy, cheeks stained with tears that were now cold on your face.

Jack gave you a warm look, his eyes telling you that's it's okay, but you didn't want to believe it. It just wasn't something you normally heard, not even from your best friend, Alice. It actually kind of scared you. You didn't know how to react, so you stood there. Your mask was gone, you weren't smiling, or faking a laugh, your eyes withhold the truth, showing your demons to the world. Your skin wasn't nice for the whole world to see, it was reddened and streaked with sinful tears. Your lips quivered.

Yet, Jack never ran.

He stayed.

Right where he was.

And.... cared.

You just stood there in shock. You must have looked stupid. Jack still stood there though, holding your shoulders.

"You okay?" He whispered, the corners of his lips lifting just slightly.

You nodded, trying to be reassuring even with the riot of emotions swimming unorganized in your head.

"Good" He sighed, pulling you into another hug, resting his face into the crook of your neck. And, to be honest, you loved the feeling.

You wrapped your arms around his back and hugged him tight, resting your chin on his shoulder and holding tight, trying to bring him as close as you possibly can. You couldn't appreciate anyone more than you did for him right at this moment. He was everything you needed. Someone who cares, makes you happy, and provides you your needs.

After a long while he pulled back, the cold air replacing the warmth you two shared.

"Wanna get your mind off of this and work on the science project?" He asked sincerely, cracking a smile.

You nodded, awkwardly moving around his shoulder, walking up to your stairs that lead to your room, Jack right behind you.

Once you two made it in your room, you closed your door, but didn't lock it. You felt more comfortable this way anyways. You didn't feel trapped, plus, your mom wasn't home and you had to listen in for her and have time to swing open the door and get Jack out if needed.

Jack pulled out the part of the science project you two were working on out of his book bag, placing it on your sort of neat bed.

Plopping yourself onto your bed, you retrieved yourself a pencil off of your oak desk, holding your drawing supplies.

Jack jumped on the bed after you, causing you to bounce in the air just slightly. You giggled loudly.