Welcome to Hogwarts... Again

"Welcome to Hogwarts Ms Edasich... Again" Professor McGonagall said to Scout as she guided her to her new living quarters.
She had only been out of Hogwarts for three years and she was already back, but she was glad. She was one of the rare people who loved school. She was a Slytherin and although Professor Snape had been the head of her house, and her potions teacher, she doubted he would remember her. She had always been a loner and still was, she preferred to keep to her self, reading books and practicing potions rather than conversing with people she knew she probably wouldn't get along with.
They had arrived at her living quarters.
"They're next to Severus' quarters incase there is an emergency and he needs you. You are to meet him before his first class. Class starts in an hour so I suggest you get there within the next thirty minutes, and also Ms Edasich, don't let his standoffish and straightforward mannerisms throw you off. He is grateful for you being here" McGonagall finished.
"Oh don't worry Professor, I can be quite straight forward too. I'm sure we'll get along fine." Scout said. She was very wrong.

It was just like Scout to be running late. She showered, fixed her long dread locks into a plat so it wouldn't get into the way or her work and put on some clothes. Normally she would gravitate towards something more colourful but she was worried it would offend Professor Snape too much. Instead of colours she put on some black pants, a black top and a black coat adorned with red embroidered flowers to keep her warm. She looked at her watch. She was late. Fifteen minutes late in fact. She grabbed her books and ran to her potions classroom and there was Professor Snape standing in his black cape, organising the ingredients for today's potion.
Scout cleared her throat to get his attention.
"You're late" he said without turning around.
He intimidated her, but she wouldn't let it get the best of her. She may not be his professional equal, but she wasn't a student anymore, so he had no right to treat her like one.
"I'm sorry Professor, I lost track of time, I arrived not long ago and had to get ready... but I'll try not to let it happen again." She said, putting the emphasis on try.
"Fine, just get to work, sort through those ingredients, put them in alphabetical order." he told her and pointed to the students desks. There were eight bottles on each desk for her to order. She nodded and smiled softly. This job will be good for her. Very good.
"Of course Professor" she replied and began her work.
Not long after she finished Professor Snape's students came in. They were loud, chatting away about their weekend. Scout walked to Snape's desk and stood beside it. He turned around and looked at her face, then looked her up and down, and then at his class. He had aged in the three years since she was at Hogwarts. She guessed that's what happened when dealing with rowdy students. She had better start using wrinkle cream.
"Silence!" The Professor yelled, and she jumped slightly. He instructed his students and they began to work, she got no introduction and she suspected it would be like this for the rest of the day. She walked around asking students if they needed any help, and helped them if they did. She could feel Snape's eyes on her, judging her work, but she knew she was doing well, she had studied potions after leaving Hogwarts.

A total of six classes had been taught by Snape that day, and she had been in all of them, helping the students, trying to make sure they stayed quiet so as not to get yelled at by their tyrant of a teacher. She hoped he wouldn't be a tyrant of a boss. She had only had two breaks and she was exhausted. She slumped down at one of the students desks and put her face in her hands, the rubbed her eyes.
"Don't be late tomorrow" he said forcefully.
"I won't be" she replied and got up, ready to leave when she felt a sudden stabbing pain in her abdomen. She grasped onto it and hobbled out bent over. She didn't think Snape noticed, but he saw her out of the corner of his eye. He was curious as to what was going on with her.