What's Wrong With You?

As soon as Scout got back to her quarters after her first day as Professor Snape's potions assistant she went straight to her bed and laid down. She had to keep a secret to get her job, and she didn't plan on revealing it now. She had to hide it well. Soon it was time for dinner so she went to the great hall. She began to stress. 'Do I sit with the students or teachers' she thought. Luckily she saw Professor McGonagall and walked up to her.
"My dear, of course you sit with us. There is a spare seat for you next to Professor Snape" she said softly. She could see how tired Scout was, everyone could, and they all assumed it was because of Snape overworking her.
She walked up and sat next to her new boss, not looking at him. It was awkward. They hadn't talked yet and she didn't know what to say. She didn't like smalltalk.
As she began serving herself some vegetables Professor Snape blurted out "what's wrong with you."
She looked at him in shock and replied "umm... I'm vegetarian"
He looked at her in a displeased way.
"I saw you when you left today. What is wrong with you?" He asked again.
Scout turned bright red and didn't say another word. She didn't know what to say. She began to eat her dinner and every now and then she would turn to Snape. He just kept sharing at her. It made her so uncomfortable. It was like he was looking through her. It made her feel hot. She had to take her coat of.
"Stop" she whispered to him.
"Please stop"
He turned to his meal and began to eat, finally.

By the time dinner had finished and pudding was being served the pain in her abdomen was escalating again. She gripped onto her stomach and turned away from Snape. Sitting on the other side of her was Professor Lupin, the new DADA teacher. He was quick to notice her pain, and looked at her with concern.
"You're Professor Snape's new assistant aren't you?" Lupin asked softly. She nodded.
"I can see the pain you're in, I doubt you'll be able to walk out of here alone, so let me help you."
"Oh, you don't have to, I'll be fine" Scout said, trying to sound convincing.
"I insist. If you can just walk out of the hall, I'll help you to your quarters, hopefully no one will notice" he told her and she agreed, nodding again. She went to get up but fell back into her seat, which caught Snape's attention. She knew he wouldn't let this go. He'd keep asking. She stood up again, this time successfully. Lupin got up as well and she slowly hobbled out, trying not to draw any attention to herself as Lupin walked behind. When they got out of the hall Lupin put his arm under hers to help her walk.
"Thank you. Thank you so much" She told him as they walked back to her room. In all truth she didn't know what she would have done if she didn't have his help. She might have had to ask Snape for help, and that would not suit her at all.

As they got to her quarters she turned to him.
"I can't thank you enough Professor. I had better be getting to bed now so I'm not late for Professor Snape... I have to admit, he frightens me a bit" she told him with a soft smile as she opened her door.
"Yes, he frightens us all, and you're very welcome. I don't want to push, but if you need to talk to me about what's going on with you, just let me know" he said, smiled and walked off.