Speaking Of The Devil

The next morning, by some miracle, Scout wasn't late. She was in the classroom before even Professor Snape was. When all the children were seated he barged in, walking swiftly towards the front of the classroom. He was surprised to see that she had already set everything up, but he never thanked her. He was too busy trying to find out a way to get her to admit what was wrong with her. He assumed because of the pain that she couldn't do her job, but Scout knew she could. When the first two classes for the day ended and the students left, she could feel Snape's eyes on her.
"Yes?" She questioned, waiting for him to speak up.
"Go organise the potions closet" he demanded. She turned to looked at him with furrowed brows.
"But it's my break Professor I..." she was interrupted by his booming voice.
"Now Ms Edasich." He told her. It made her jump slightly and she went on her way to do as she was told. Little did she know that he had sent her to work on her break to see just how much she could handle. Maybe she'd collapse and he would catch her out.

She walked down the familiar halls of Hogwarts to the potions closet, and on the way she almost bumped right into Lupin. She was often in a world of her own, oblivious to her surrounding.
"Oh gosh, I'm sorry, I was a little distant" she apologised to her new friend, and he laughed lightly.
"It's fine. Are you going to your break?" Lupin asked and she shook her head.
"Professor Snape has me working hard today, no rest for the wicked as they say" she replied, and just as she did Professor Snape came marching up behind her.
"Speaking of the devil" Lupin muttered as Scout turned to see Snape. She knew she was in trouble.
"Ms Edasich you're suppose to be working now socialising, especially with him" Snape said and glared at Lupin.
"Of course Professor, we were just saying hello" she said and walked off to do her work. As she walked off and both Snape and Lupin were looking at her she gripped onto her stomach and began to walk slower. The pain had come again but she was trying to hide it, but both of the professors had noticed. When she got to the potions closet she crouched down and sat on the cold floor, to rest, just for a moment, but Professor Snape and that cape of his came waltzing right into the closet.
"Are you ready to tell me what's wrong yet?" He asked as he stared down at her. She just shook her head.
"No because there is nothing wrong with me" she lied, and boy was she a bad liar.
"Come to my office immediately, or we will have to take this up with the head master" Snape demanded, and she knew she couldn't say no.