Changes

A/N: Sapphire The Hedge-Cat belongs to Sapphirethehedgecat.
————————————————————————————————————————
              It was morning, Sonic woke up, suddenly realizing he had a headache.
"Ugh, my head", he groaned, rubbing his forehead, "what the heck happened to me last night".
He noticed that the sports-tape he was wear was ripped.
"What the. . .", he said, confused, "I don't remember ripping my sports-tape off".
He shrugged it off and went to reapply his sports-tape, not noticing the claw marks on the walls and the loose dark blue quills on the floor.
After he was finished, he suddenly became hungry.
He pressed a button to his communicator and called Tails.
"Hey, Sonic, what's up", his voice said on the communicator.
"Hey, Tails, wanna head over to Meh Burger", Sonic said, "suddenly I'm starving".
"That's funny, you're already hungry when it's only 8:00 in the morning", Tails said, "you don't get hungry till later".
"Well, somehow I'm already starving, I feel like I could eat a horse", Sonic said.
"Yeah, it's very unusual, but sure, I'll meet you at Meh Burger", Tails said, "I'll tell the others to come along, too".
"Great, see ya there", Sonic said, turning off his communicator.
                                 *** 
The gang met up at Meh Burger, Dave The Intern always getting the order wrong and not caring how the customers felt.
While eating, the others had stopped to stare at Sonic, who had ordered four chili-dogs and was devouring them one by one.
He stopped and noticed them staring at him.
"What", he asked with his mouth full.
"Sonic, you ordered four chili-dogs and now you're devouring them in a minute", Amy said.
"Your stomach should be hurting by now by all the chili that's on them", Tails explained.
"Yeah, like when I ate that expired bean and beef burrito", Knuckles said.
"That was food poisoning", Tails explained.
"I don't know why I'm so hungry you guys, and I don't feel any pain at all", Sonic said.
"You know what else is weird, for some reason you got here before us, and Tails called us at that time" Amy explained, "it's like you're getting faster, too".
"And did anyone hear that howl last night, it woke me up from my sleep", Sticks said.
"Yeah, I could hear it, too", Amy replied.
"Me too", Tails said.
"Me number after two", Knuckles said.
"I didn't hear anything, in fact I don't really remember anything last night", Sonic said.
"That's weird", Tails said, "you don't remember a thing".
"Not one thing", Sonic said.
Suddenly one of his ears perked up to a sound coming nearby.
"Do you guys hear that", he asked.
"I don't hear anything", Amy said.
"Me neither", Tails said.
"I hear a lot of things but I don't hear what you're hearing", Knuckles said.
"No really, I hear something", Sonic exclaimed.
"Strange, it's like as if your senses have heightened", Tails said. 
Suddenly a voice shouted, "Sonic, Amy, Tails! Guys".
"Now do you hear that", Sonic said.
"Yeah, that sounded like Zona", Amy said.
They turned to see an aqua and yellow cat with one arm and a nicked ear head towards them.
"Oh thank goodness I found you guys", Zona said.
"Zona what's wrong", Amy asked.
"You'll never believe this, my home's been wrecked", Zona explained.
"What?! By what", Tails asked.
"I don't know, Miles and Renee came to check on me and they were surprised by what had happened", Zona explained, "all I remember is that it was something big, you gotta see".
"Don't worry, I'll meet you guys there", Sonic said, then suddenly ran off faster than he usually was.
                                  ***
When they got to Zona's place, they saw that it was nearly destroyed, villagers were crowded around at the sight of the incident.
They saw Miles and Renee and met up with them.
"Hey guys", Miles said.
"Glad you're here", Renee said with relief.
"Oh my gosh, you didn't say it was this bad", Amy said.
"I wanted you to check it out", Zona exclaimed.
"At least Zona wasn't hurt during the accident", Miles said.
"Yeah, glad we came to check on her when that thing left", Renee said.
"Hey, guys, what's going on here", said a female voice.
They looked to see a sapphire blue and midnight black hedge-cat coming by.
"Hi Sapphire", Sonic said.
"Hey guys", Sapphire greeted them, "Zona, what the heck happened to your home".
"It was wrecked by some kind of creature, I don't know what it was but it completely trashed the place", Zona explained.
"Oh my, are you hurt", Sapphire asked.
"No no, I'm fine", Zona said, "in fact, some of the villagers had the same incident, too".
"Whoa, this thing's causing a rampage on the village", Tails said.
"It might be one of Eggman's robots", Sonic said.
"No, this creature was furry and had claws and teeth that looked like they could grind bones", Zona said.
"Oh no", Amy said.
"This thing sounds dangerous", Knuckles said.
"We're going to have figure out what's doing this, but most importantly, we need to know what's up with Sonic", Tails explained.
"Nothing's wrong with me! Okay", Sonic suddenly shouted.
"Oh boy", Sapphire said, shocked.
"Whoa, dude, calm down", Miles said.
"Yeah, you don't get that mad at all", Renee explained.
"Yeah, something's wrong with you, Sonic", Amy said.
"Amy's right", Zona agreed.
"Yeah, all the weird stuff that's happened to you is strange", Tails said, "it must be because of that gem you touch yesterday".
"We're going to have to go to the workshop and do some tests", Amy said.
"We don't need to do any tests! I'm completely fine, I don't know why you guys are already worried about something that probably isn't wrong with me", Sonic said, getting so mad that punched a nearby palm tree and it shook, coconuts falling from it.
He suddenly took off.
The others stared when he left.
"I've never seen him this mad before", Amy said.
"Did you see what he did to that tree", Sticks said, "he knocked the coconuts off that thing".
"What do you mean he touched a gem", Miles asked.
"Yesterday we were exploring and we found this gem in a cave and when Sonic touched it, it glowed", Tails explained, "for all we know, that gem may be cursed and now he's acting strange".
"Oh my", Zona said.
"Whatever's wrong with him seems to be effecting him", Renee said.
"And not in a good way", Sapphire said.
"We have to learn what's wrong with him, and quick", Sticks said.