Chapter 14: Finally

The next day Michael carefully slipped out of bed, so as not to wake Elliott just yet. He yawned quietly, padding over to their walk-in closet and looked through his clothes. Dammit, he really did want Elliott's help picking what he should wear. He chewed his lower lip, looking over to where his beautiful boy was sleeping, he looked so peaceful. Fuck. He sighed softly and slipped on some boxers and house slippers, making his way downstairs to the kitchen where he whipped up the breakfast Miss Mead had taught him to make. He couldn't believe he hadn't cooked this for Elliott before. He put some coffee on to brew as he cooked, humming softly. Everything was falling perfectly into place. He had a lovely home with a man whom he loved more than anything, and they were about to start a family. Not to mention the fact that they literally ruled the world, or what they had rebuilt so far, together. What more could he ever ask for?

Elliott stretched out under the covers, not sleeping for very long when he noticed the absence of warmth that Michael usually gave him. He rubbed his eyes tiredly, sitting up in bed and running a hand through his absolutely messy curls. Elliott could smell coffee brewing from downstairs, and he smiled to himself, wrapping their comforter around his shoulders as he got out of bed. The blanket dragged across the floor and over the steps as he made his way downstairs, walking into the kitchen. "Good morning love," he said softly, voice rough with sleep. He squinted at the brightness of the room compared to the darkness of their own bedroom.

Michael had just pulled his wavy blonde hair into a messy bun when Elliott's soft and husky morning voice grabbed his attention and he turned "Good morning, handsome." He smiled. "Foods almost done, I was gonna sit on the patio," he said, finishing up the breakfast and plating it. He made their coffee and set it all on a tray, conjuring some black silk robes for the two of them. "Sit with me?" He asked as he walked over and pulled Elliott to him by his waist, placing playful kisses along his neck and shoulder. The robe was bigger on Elliott, and he had done that on purpose, something about seeing the small male in oversized clothes gave him a case of the uwus. His morning stubble scraped along Elliott's soft skin as he held him and buried his face in the crook of his neck, his hot breath blowing back against his own face.

Elliott glanced down at himself when his sleep clothes were suddenly gone, replaced by soft black silk that was loose around his hips and falling off his shoulders. "Of course, love," he whispered softly, surprised by his display of such affection but enjoying it nonetheless. "You've never done your hair like that before, I like it," he said quietly, a small smile spreading across his lips. This look on Michael, the man bun and the stubble and the black robe, was enough to have Elliott weak at the knees, and that was before the kisses and the hugs.

Michael smiled against his partner's skin. "Hmm, I'll have to do it more often then." He noted, kissing his skin one last time before he pulled away and took Elliott's hand, pulling him along to the patio. The sunlight brightened the white porch on a crisp morning, the sun still rising as Michael stepped out onto the whitewashed wooden porch. Two wooden lounge chairs sat diagonally from each other facing out towards a simple white railing that overlooked a colorful flower garden. The blonde took in a deep breath of fresh air, blue eyes scanning the medium expanse of the porch and looking to the steps, reminding himself to tend to the flowers before they got dressed. There was a white table between the two lounge chairs, also wooden and whitewashed, with a pale pink doily sitting atop it in the center, underneath a clear vase filled with the white roses Michael had enchanted to fade up into the color of Elliott's eyes. He conjured the food, watching as it appeared neatly on two bamboo placemats. The table looked like it was set in a five-star restaurant rather than in someone's home. The taller male pulled a chair out for Elliott, gesturing for him to sit with a warm smile.

Elliott took a deep breath as the warm air hit his exposed skin. He loved their back garden so much. Looking at it would almost make him forget that they were living in the post-apocalyptic world. It made him forget those two years in a nuclear winter, those two years of pain and death. This was nothing but pure beauty and tranquility. "It smells good, love. I didn't know you were getting up to cook breakfast, or I would've helped you," he cooed softly, kissing his lover's cheek before sitting in the chair. The brunette pushed his messy hair away from his eyes once again, gazing around at their surroundings before looking back at the flowers on the table. "These are gorgeous."