Chapter 14

Momo rushed inside the ambulance, clutching her sister's hand. She can feel the rising pain from her stomach as she looked at the blood stains all over her sister's shirt.

"What happened to her?!" Momo shouted. She was crying, panicking.

"Agh! Ugh, Momo..." Hana breathed out.

"Hana oneechan, you'll be okay! Everything will be okay!"

"Momo, I know what you really are... go... complete your missions.... ugh, protect Mina..." Hana muttered, squeezing Momo's hand, "Momo, promise me... become stronger, protect Mina and yourself. I-I won't be able to make it..." Hana closed her eyes. Momo started to cry even harder.

"Ma'am... I'm sorry to say but... from how much blood she is losing... she's not going to make it."

Momo's heart dropped. She was losing her mind right now. She stumbled off the ambulance.

"Guys, get her!" One of the paramedics said. The paramedics grabbed her as she vomited. Her mind was blanking, her heart rate high. She closed her eyes, darkness enveloping her entire being.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Momo woke up to see a dimly lit room, feeling wires around her body. She shot up, feeling immense pain course through her.

"Momo!" Mina shouted her name. She rushed over to her, hugging her tight.

"Calm down, Momo!"

"Mina, where... where is Hana?" Momo managed to mutter out. Mina didn't answer right away, "Answer me!"

"Momo, she's... she's dead...." Mina quietly said. Momo froze. Her breath hitched and she had trouble breathing. Her eyes were becoming blurry and tears started to fall. She grabbed ahold of Mina, crying hard.

"Breathe, Momo... breathe," Mina said, also sobbing with her. She understands Momo's pain and let her cry against her.

The two girls stayed together for hours now, Momo's eyes now puffy. She finally fell asleep in Mina's arms, hugging her tight.

It was Hana's funeral day as Momo and Mina were getting ready in their dark outfits. They hadn't said anything to each other as it was too gloomy for them. They walked outside, rain falling against their umbrella.

There was a lot of people gathered at the building, paying their respects to Hana. It was hard for Momo. She couldn't bring herself to look people in the eyes, couldn't bare hearing people apologize. She was getting frustrated. Frustrated in herself. Frustrated at how careless she was. Frustrated because she broke her promise. Her promise to protect her sister. She went up to Hana's casket, trying to hold her tears back. Mina squeezed Momo's hand, signaling it's alright to cry. Mina was crying already, herself. Momo stepped back, her tears rushing down. Mina led Momo away from the casket, the rest of her group, including the Myoui Assassination group, reassuring Momo.

"Momo..." Jeongyeon whispered, hugging her best friend tight. Jihyo also hugged her tight, crying for Momo. Momo continued to sob, resting against her members, and soon to be members.

"Momo unnie!" Chaeyoung ran to Momo, crying hard while hugging her. Momo chuckled a little, hugging her tighter.

"I'm okay, Chaeyoung-ah," Momo reassured her, despite her tears rushing down.

"Momo unnie, you don't always have to be strong..." Tzuyu's voice broke. She hugged Momo tight, letting Momo continue to cry against her shoulder.

"Momo, it's been hours now. You need to stop or you'll pass out," Jeongyeon worriedly said.

"I don't care, I need to be stronger," Momo retorted back. She continued her training with the holograms, dodging, stabbing, slicing, kicking and punching the holographic people.