Chapter 22

"What? Momo, Hana, what are you doing here?"

"Uncle J... Papa... Scary, dark people came to our house and killed Papa. We ran away because he told us to go to you."

"It's okay, girls. You'll be okay, I'll take you..."

"...I'll take you..."

Momo opened her eyes, seeing the familiar, dark ceiling of her office. She felt pressure on her body, noticing Mina fell asleep on top of her. She shifted, seeing Mina pop her head up.

"Sorry, Love," Momo whispered. Mina murmured, slowly getting up and off Momo. But, Momo pulled her back down, whispering, "let's just get some more sleep. It's going to be a long night, Mina."

"Hmm... Can I get a good night kiss?" Mina mumbled. Momo complied, giving a quick peck on Mina's lips. She felt Mina smile upon her neck, holding her close. "Do you know how much I love you, Momo?"

"No, but I know I definitely love you more," Momo responded with a chuckle.

"That's not true, Momoring knows I love her more than she knows," Mina giggled but soon cringed at her statement.

"Mina..." Momo also giggled.

"We'll go back to sleep now?"

"Mhm."

"Goodnight, Momoring."

"Goodnight, Minari."

The two girls fell asleep on the couch, again, hugging each other close.

"Did you just see that? Why can't I be as sweet with someone like that?" Jeongyeon, who was spying on Mina and Momo, exclaimed.

"I don't know, maybe because you're so annoying, Jeongyeon," Nayeon retorted, also spying on the two lovey-dovey girls.

"Psh, Nayeon, I know you love me," Jeongyeon looked at her, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Just shut up now. Let's go," Nayeon grabbed Jeongyeon's hand, dragging her to the old fighting grounds.

"Hmm, what are we doing here? Want to practice fighting?"

"Well, just incase the guards found out about our plan," Nayeon said.

"Well, alright, then. I'm probably stronger than them so I'll go easy on you," Jeongyeon boasted herself.

"Such an idiot..."

Nayeon and Jeongyeon ran towards each other, dodging each of their punches and kicks, getting nowhere with their practice.

"Can you just stop dodging and let me hit you?!" Jeongyeon yelled.

"That's not how that works! Just stop being a wimp and fight me!"

"I am fighting, you old hag!"

"You take that back you ugly ostrich!"

"I will until you land a punch on me!"

They continued to fight, still at their constant bickering that lasted for half an hour. It was only then that the two girls became tired and calmed themselves.

"Haah, geez... Nayeon, you're really strong, you know?" Jeongyeon breathed out.

"Yeah, I know. You don't have to tell me," Nayeon smirked at Jeongyeon, who responded with sticking her tongue out.

"Let's go get ready, now. This night is gonna last long," Jeongyeon proceeded to the showering blocks, Nayeon trailing behind her.

They stripped, walking into two separate showers beside each other.

"You know... I'm really nervous. This will be my second mission," Nayeon said.

"Hey, I'm sure you'll do fine. If you could be that strong, then you'll definitely make it."

"Since when were you so nice, ugly ostrich?"

"Ever since I met a beauty like you.."

"Why, thank you. I know I have outstanding–"

"It's Opposite Day."

Tzuyu was inside the meeting room, looking through the blueprints of the Myoui Industries building. She was analyzing the rooms, making plans if they were to get ambushed during the mission.

Jihyo came into the room, seeing Tzuyu stare intently at the blueprints.

"Hello, Tzuyu-ah. Making some plans?" Jihyo asked with a bright smile.

"Oh, hello, Jihyo unnie. Yeah, I'm making some just incase Akira found out about our plan to infiltrate," Tzuyu confirmed.

"Hey, why don't you come with me to test one of my prototypes?"

"Oh, of course."

Jihyo led Tzuyu to the other room, grabbing the remotes to open the dressing wall.

"So, this is the Chameleon Suit I've been working on," Jihyo said while pointing to a black suit. Tzuyu gave a questioning look, seeing as how the suit wasn't... camouflage looking.

"So... how is this going to hide me?" Tzuyu asked.

"Well, try it on and I'll explain it to you," Jihyo chuckled.

Tzuyu stripped into her undergarments, changing into the suit. She looked at Jihyo who looked amused.

"So, unnie, will you explain how this going to work?"

"Well, inside of where the collar is supposed to be is a little pin that's going to connect to your nape," Jihyo explained. Tzuyu looked scared but Jihyo calmed her. "Don't worry, Tzuyu-ah. It won't hurt but it'll feel like a tiny pinch. The reason it's supposed to connect to your nape is to let the suit be part of your nervous system, letting the suit know if you need to blend in with your surroundings."

"Really? Wait, but how will it change? Does this fabric have like a color changing thing inside of it?"

"Actually, the fabric has technological nanocrystals that reflect the different lights from your surroundings, just like the actual chameleons. If you're in front of a blue wall and you are in a sense of danger, the suit detects it, changing into that shade of blue."

"Wow, this is really cool. Can we test it now?"

"Of course, Tzuyu-ah," Jihyo laughed, "let's go to the holographic room."

When the two girls arrived, Tzuyu put the hood on, a face mask with translucent holes for the eyes attached to it. The translucent fabric also has the light reflecting nanocrystals in it, making it easier for the wearer to see if the danger has left or not.

"Alright, press the button on the left side of your right sleeve, and the pin will connect to you."

Tzuyu pressed the button, feeling a tiny poke behind her neck. She flinched a little and soon felt nothing. Jihyo started the system, watching behind the window. Tzuyu got ready, seeing as how the room was supposed to replicate the hallways of Myoui Industries. The 'walls' were a dim shade of yellow, which made Tzuyu as visible as ever with the default black color of the suit. She continued to walk through, seeing a holographic person turn the corner. She stuck herself against the wall, seeing the holographic person walk pass her. She blinked, seeing that the translucent eye holes were the same shade of yellow as the walls. She snuck behind the holographic person, putting them into a headlock and making it disperse.

Jihyo turned the system off, jumping with glee. She walked over to Tzuyu, still excited as ever.

"I can't believe it! It worked, it worked!" Jihyo exclaimed.

"I know! That was so amazing, Jihyo unnie! We've got to show the other girls before the mission!"