Chapter 5 Guilty

The glass from Nelydia's watch finally popped and microparticles of the material were flying beside her. She was slowly waking up from the trance, with a perplex look on her face.

"It is too late," she surprised herself saying. She didn't understand what was happening, but she felt like it was too late, she fought too slow to stop the massacre.

She was trying to recover her powers so she could walk, but her feet were numb and her head was hurting too hard, so she decided to wait a few more seconds. A strong pounding at the door made her force herself to move.

She entered the living room limping, but she fell on the floor when she'd seen the pool of blood that was covering the room. Her eyes filled up with tears, watching Hisyam's disfigured body. The pounding continued, but she could barely hear them. The pressure was overpowering her ears, as her heart was beating faster and faster.

"Police, open up!" shouted one of the police officers.

Nelydia turned her head in a shocker. Just then, four police officers broke down the door and entered the apartment with their guns drawn.

They screamed for a few moments, threatened Nelydia, but she didn't say anything. She was looking at them with a paralysed look on her face. Observing that the officers calmed down a bit, handcuffed her, then watched the mess they thought she had made.

Hisyam's dead body was sitting on the couch, with his interior eaten and the abdomen shattered. His eyes were still open, but they weren't expressing fear or agony, but peace, like he was glad the creature was finally over. In the bathroom, they found Ady's body. It was hard to decide which one was uglier. They couldn't even be moved without ripping apart. It was a torture to bury them, as they weren't looking like humans anymore.

***

Inside the police station was quiet. No one dared to speak. The horrible case that showed up that morning silenced everyone. Everyone was sad about the losses, the poor young men who died by a monster's hand. They couldn't even believe that the fragile woman from the cell did all of that.

Nelydia was standing inside the cell. Her head hung low. Three officers were talking quietly about the girl.

"She'll be charged in front of the magistrate in the morning," said one of the officers.

"Do you really think she did all of that?" asked the other one.

"These days? Who knows? She is so scared, she almost seems innocent. But she was the only one in the apartment. We can't believe a word she says until she proves us wrong. Psychopaths everywhere now, you can't tell the difference between them and the victims if you are not paying attention."

The third officer, however, had stayed behind without talking to the other ones. The policeman analysed the girl from the cell. The face of the officers was partially in the dark. Just a small piece of her mouth was showing. A female voice finally came out of the officer's mouth.

"It's going to be fine, Nelydia. Don't worry, I know you haven't killed your friends."

Nelydia cried silently, like she heard the words, but didn't understand them. After a few moments, the voice sounded clearer in her head and she finally recognized it. She raised her head up, looking in front of her. The female officers finally stepped inside the cell, taking her hat off. The cat eyes, the long legs, it was her. The police officer was Fasha.

Nelydia left out a scream, as Fasha was laughing maniacally.

"Hi, sweetie, I like your watch," she said, mocking Nelydia. She turned her back and left the room, still laughing.

"NO!" yelled Nelydia, clinging on the bars. "She killed my friends. She is the one who killed them. I am innocent, please, believe me!"

Fasha looked at the officers and smiled, as theywere staring at her long legs.