Chapter 6 The Devil is Here

The days passed very slowly for Nelydia. Spending them in prison wasn't the best thing in the world, but she must accept it for now. She was still scared, afraid that in any moment Fasha would appear and do to her everything she had done to her friends. She was wondering where was Aaron. His body wasn't found in the apartment, but he was missing since then.

She knew he wouldn't run away, even though he would be horrified. He would help her, be with her. The monster did something to him, too, she was sure of that. But what?

She heard the gate opening. In front of her was standing her lawyer.

"Hi, Nelydia. How are you feeling today?" he asked. Nelydia didn't answer. "Look, girl, we have to communicate if you want to win this thing. Accept my advice, let them do the psychiatric test."

"I am not crazy," she said.

"I know you are not, but they don't. You'll get out easier."

"I am not crazy! I don't want to look like I am. I know the truth and I will get in prison for it."

"Tomorrow is the final process and also your final chance to change judge's opinion. They don't believe you, Nelydia. You don't have anything but your word against anyone else's."

"I cannot prove I am innocent. She is the Devil, Mike! I cannot fight the Devil, I am not that strong."

Mike sighed tiredly. He was so done with this thing. She kept going with that invented story. He knew she didn't do all of that, but she was covering someone else up. He could bet it was Aaron. It happened in his apartment and he was missing. It was obvious, but Nelydia was keeping her position.

"Okay, Nelydia. I am so sorry, but I cannot help you from now on. Without your cooperation, I can't do much, and you know that. We've been friends for so long, you know I really want to help!"

"I know, Mike," she said with a tired tone. "I know, I don't ask for nothing. You don't have to come tomorrow, I will do it on my own."

Mike shook his head. He wouldn't leave her alone there, but he will be just moral support, not a lawyer, but a friend. He left with a heavy heart, filled up with disappointment and sadness and left Nelydia with her dark thoughts.

She didn't know what to do. She wanted to avenge her friends, to make their death something important, but she had no chance to get out of the prison. She will forever be a criminal for everyone. What does her mother think now? Is she scared, is she disgusted? Is she still her mother? What was happening with her company? Was Affandi handling things well? Did he employ Osman and Imran, as she asked him? Did anyone still find her the nice person she was before?

She was just a criminal in everyone's eyes. She was a monster, someone who murdered with cold blood.

But in reality, she was just a victim. Just a broken-hearted girl, who lost her friends and became a criminal overnight, who was under a monster's close supervision and she just wanted to escape it all, to just be left alone.

***

The big day finally arrived. Nelydia had been taken out of her cell, handcuffed. Today she'll hear her sentence, her destiny. She now hoped that Fasha will come after her, so she'd end her suffering.

The courtroom was filled with tension and the judge was expecting her. She sat down in her usual place. The court opened the trial and the cross examinations began.

"It is obvious," the prosecutor kept repeating, "that this woman who appears to be innocent, is the one who murdered these two people, and, why not, her best friend, Aaron, who has been missing since the day she had been found on the floor of his apartment."

Nelydia let a tear fall on her chick and opened her mouth to say something, but she stopped. The woman continued.

"She keeps saying that she didn't kill those people, that they were her friends and that they had an amazing night until that massacre happened. Of course, we should keep in mind what is her occupation. She is the owner of "Bombastica" comics studio. We can tell now where all of these inventions are coming from. Your Honour, I think our case is clear, and this woman should be put sentenced to death for her murderous deeds. Thank you!"

"Does the accused have anything to say in her defence? No? Okay, is there any other witness who would like to take the stand?"

"She didn't kill them!" a voice interrupted the judge. The audience made a general noise, then was silenced by the judge.

"Of course, she did!" protested the prosecutor.

"No, she did not. Because I did!" Everyone gasped, as the woman came out of the semi dark space.

Fasha was now standing in front of anyone, in her human form, smiling. She was relaxed and calm, walking towards the judge.

"Oh, everyone is so surprised. Do you think I will say it's a joke? It is not. I've killed them!" said Fasha rolling her eyes. "Now let's get to the important stuff."

A tremble moved everything in the room. People were holding on onto their chairs, trying to fight the earthquake. Suddenly, thunders and flashes of lightning were covering the sky, as black clouds started to agglomerate above the building. Everything was getting dark, and Fasha slowly started to change into the creature. Everyone started to yell and panic, but they couldn't escape, because Fasha shut the doors only with a gesture.

"Silence everyone!" the creature yelled. "I am here to bring back the true ing, the true dominator and enforce on you the Devil's power. He is speaking through me and you should lay yourselves on your knees and pray to him, recognise his power and mine!"

A few people started to pray out loud to God. The creature growled and stopped them, by putting a spell on them. They suddenly turned into stone and exploded.

"Anyone who will dare to disrespect me and my master like that will be killed! Hell is your home now! Welcome!" With this final command, the creature became bigger and the walls of the building fell, showing off a massacre. The things slowly started to burn and people were hurt at every step. Churches were turned into pitch, and every piece of Heaven or God vanished.

Nelydia had her eyes full of tears, but unlike everyone else, she was not on her knees. She was just watching the creature's actions patiently.

"Now you cannot die! This is your eternal space; Hell's Empire is now expending its power. Soon, the king will come and transform Earth into his playground. Stupid humans, you were praying to a God who couldn't even save you."

After a few hours of great terror, in which the creature ate a few people and got stronger and bigger. At some point, the flames stopped moving, the wind wasn't blowing anymore and the creature stopped shutting out at everyone, talking about Devil's power, scaring everyone. A loud noise made everyone cover their ears. People were holding each other, trying to find salvation, even though nothing could ever save them. The Devil was there, he couldn't be seen, because of his black, long cloak, but he had something in his hands: the totem Aaron found.

A voice talking in a strange language, made everyone freeze and burn at the same time.

"I have recovered my totem, the centre of my power and I am back on your Earth, humans, to destroy and create terror. You are not my children and I am not your prophet. You are my slaves and I am your master. Get on your knees and engulf your bodies in flames! Became the dead. I need to populate my hell, to extend and to grow in power. You have no choice!" The Devil removed his cloak. Out came Hisyam and Ady who were walking side by side, with tired looks on their face. Nelydia screamed.

"Oh my God! Ady! Hisyam!" she yelled crying.

The Devil moved towards her and said, "They hear you and they want you to save them. But you can't, because now, you are just like them." Just then, the creature ripped Nelydia's body apart, transforming her in one of the disturbing cadavers.

"The Devil is here!"

*** The End ***