Chapter 1

"Well, here I am. Wherever here is." A boy said as he looked around the forest. He slightly panted as he had been walking for a while. This young man had (h/c) mid-length hair and (e/c) eyes. Strapped to his side was a spray bottle filled with water. This man was (Y/N) (L/N). He scratched his head as he looked around at the endless amount of trees. "Guess this is what I deserved for chasing after her." You said as you recalled the events that lead to this.

Tiny Flashback

You were resting in a park as the light of the sun barely illuminated the clouds. The buildings were silhouetted against the barely surviving sunlight. You watched the continually increasing darkness as you let out a low sigh.

"Guess I should start heading home." You said as you stood up and began to exit the park. However, before you could leave you saw something that caught your attention. Standing under a street light was a woman with long golden blonde hair. She gazed straight at you with her purple eyes as she simply waved at you before heading into the woods. As she left there was something in the back of your mind telling you to follow her. Giving into that voice you quickly started following after her. After what seemed like hours you weren't able to find her. You gave up as you started to look around. You were in dense forest as you couldn't tell which was back to town. You decided to head in a direction which leads you to your current problem.

Tiny Flashback over

Still standing in the same spot, you took notice that it was day time again. "Welp, standing around here isn't getting me anywhere. Might as well start walking." You said as you picked a direction to wander in. As you wandered you felt something crawling on you as you saw some kind of insect crawling on your shoulder. You swatted it off as it hit the floor and started walking away as if nothing happened. "Weird bug." You said as you watched it crawl away.

"What did you say?!" You heard someone yell as you turned around to see a girl with teal hair and bug-like antennas. She ran up to you as she got in your face. "What did you just say?!"

"That the bug was weird?" You asked as she nodded in confirmation. 

"I'll have you know that bugs are an important part of our ecosystem! They aerate the soil, pollinate blossoms, and control insect and plant pests. Many insects, especially beetles, are scavengers, feeding on dead animals and fallen trees, thereby recycling nutrients back into the soil!"

"I see your point, all I-" You tried to reason with her but was cut off by more bug talk.

"Why bugs have a number of unique features! Like the water scorpion is able to breathe underwater thanks to a tube on its abdomen or that a single honeybee can produce around 100kg of honey each year!" She said as she started listing off facts about insects.

"Wait a moment-" You tried to get a word in as you were cut off again.

"I mean, what have bugs ever done to you?! They're just trying to survive!"

You stared at her for a moment as she went on her rant, before pulling out your spray bottle and spraying her with water. She jumped back in surprise. "Eh?! What did you do?!" She asked as she wiped her face.

"I sprayed you with water. You weren't calming down so I hoped this would get your attention." You said as you put the bottle back. "Now, as I was saying, I don't really mind bugs. I think some of them are neat. Now, how about we start over and be friends?"

"Really?" She asked as you nodded your head. "Well, I guess we can be friends."

"Excellent, my name is (Y/N) (L/N). What's yours?" You asked as you waited for her to respond.

"My name is Wriggle Nightbug." Wriggle introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you. Although can I ask one thing?" She nodded her head. "Why do you have antennas?"