Jake Peralta- Stakeout (a)

"How much longer do we have to wait?" Jake sat next to you, his fingers ran and drummed along the edge of the steering wheel as he tried to find something to keep him occupied on that was not the task at hand.

"Not long..." You fiddled with the half-empty carton of Chinese food in your lap, these early morning hours were often peaceful and tranquil, but it was never the best time for stakeouts and greasy food.

"Holt always puts me on early stakeouts, he knows that this is when I'm busiest, he never sends Hitchcock or Scully on... any stakeouts actually." He groaned and reclined his chair backwards until he was basically horizontal. "What are we even looking for?" He spoke towards the sunroof.

"Nobodies out at three in the morning. Let's just go back to the precinct, raid Terry's yoghurt stash, bust out some foosball, and call it a day?"

"Please, Terry would be able to hear that yoghurt being peeled open from his bedroom. Besides, there's meant to be a pretty big deal going down tonight." You peered around the empty streets and barren alleys hoping to see something that meant you could go home, or at least back to the precinct.

Jake shot up in his chair. "There! Boom! Can we please go now?"

"Hold on." You watched as two hooded people approached each other and started to converse, as far away from the street lights as they could, after a brief look around, they shook hands and walked away.

"Put your hands up, this is the police!" You yelled, stepping out of the car and showing the two people your badge, you looked over at Jake, he didn't start coming to help until you gestured and asked for his assistance.

"An arrest, TWO arrests at three in the damn morning?" Jake moaned and groaned as he sluggishly walked out of the car, his badge also raised. "Just get in the car you two, I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed. Now come on, I have very, very important things to attend to."

"Is that important thing a bed, stained pyjamas and instant noodles?" He laughed sarcastically at you as he guided the two suspects into the back of the car.

"Don't be ridiculous. You know that I had to get rid of my mattress after I brought home that coat we found in one of the holding cells."

~*~

Written by Aaron.