[1] a blushing mess

A/N: New story! I hope you enjoy it! xx

NOTE: This story will be written in third person POV.

________________________           

            “Are you ready for your first day of junior high?” Luke turned to face his cousin, Ashton. Ashton only shrugged, swinging his backpack on over his shoulder. Today was not only his first day of junior high, but it was his first day at a public school, or any school, really.

            Ashton had been homeschool since preschool, but when his family moved in Luke’s area, things changed. Ashton’s mom wanted him to go to school with Luke to see what it was like, and besides, Luke was his age. So he knew he would at least have one person to talk to throughout the course of the year. Although he didn’t want to show it, Ashton was beyond nervous. He was worried he wouldn’t have any classes with Luke and he would be forced to socialize with other people. He’s never had a real friend before, so this was going to be a great change for him.

            “Do you boys have any classes together?” Luke’s mom, Liz, asked them.

            “I don’t know. Ash, what’s your schedule?” Luke asked, fishing his schedule out of his backpack. Ashton did the same, looking everything over.

            “First period I have literature, second I have chemistry, then algebra, gym, SAT prep, lunch…” he paused, nearly losing his place. “Then I have homeroom with Mr. Adams, study hall, history, and then sociology. Do we have any classes together?”

            “We have literature, chemistry, the same lunch, and homeroom together.” He told me, flashing me a smile. “But don’t worry, you’ll make some friends in the classes we don’t have together. I think you might share a few classes with my two best friends, too.”

            “Who are your friends?”

            “Their names are Michael and Calum. They’re really nice guys, you’ll like them.” He promised, taking his lip ring in between his teeth for a few seconds. “I’ve been friends with Calum since elementary, and I became friends with Michael last year.”

            “Just so you know, Ashton. Luke has a huge crush on Cal–”

            “Mom! Don’t tell him that!” Luke blushed covering his face.

            “Oh, does he know you like him?” Ashton asked him, smiling.

            “No, and I don’t want him to know. I’ve been obsessed with him for five years now. He’s not gay, though. Michael always teases me about it and tries to get us together in the most subtle ways. Calum probably suspects something about it, but he can’t know.” He sighed. “Please don’t tell him. I don’t want to jeopardize our friendship.”

            “I won’t tell him, I promise.” Ashton assured him. “But I didn’t know you were into guys.”

            Luke blushed again. “Yeah, I’m gay. I came out to my family a year or so ago, and they were very accepting. My friend Michael is bisexual, but he’s more into guys than he is girls. His parents have accepted him, too.”

            “Then I guess it would be appropriate for me to admit that I’m gay, too.” Ashton spoke up.

            “Really?”