[2] an old soul

A/N: Hiii all you lovely people!

How have you guys been? This update is pretty fluffy because my Mashton feels were just too much today omfg. So anyways, I have to this research paper for sociology, and I do not feel like doing it. Not only that, but I have no idea how to format it like he told us to. I am so done with school like can it be over already? Or can it at least not interfere with my writing schedules? I am only 19 days into this school year, and that means I still have 161 more days left in this school year. I’m only a sophomore, so that means I still have junior and senior year left will 180 days each year after this. Ugh.

Okay, sorry I strayed off topic! Here’s the update! If you enjoyed this, please vote, comment, and follow me! Also, I’m going to leave a question of the day for everyone who bothered to read this long author’s note! Please answer the question in the comments! :) <3

QOTD: What’s your favorite album at the moment?

MY ANSWER: “Nothing To Lose” by Emblem3

_____________________________

            “So, how was school, Ashton?” Luke’s mom, Liz, asked. Ashton was going to have to come home with Luke on weekdays, as his parents were at work so nobody could watch him. Ashton would argue that he was sixteen and a half, and he certainly could handle a few hours at home by himself after school. Ashton’s parents thought otherwise – they didn’t trust him being home by himself; they worried he would get himself into some sort of trouble. So, his mom set up arrangements with Liz for him to come over there after school each day.

            “It was alright,” he simply replied, not giving Liz anymore details. The two boys were sitting at the kitchen table, working on their homework. They were both working on their chemistry assignment, and Liz was keeping them company.

            “Why not good?” Liz wanted to know, stirring her cup of tea. She carried her tea over to the table, sitting down across from Luke. Ashton didn’t look up at her; instead, he kept his head down and continued to focus on chemistry.

            “I don’t know. School is school,” Ashton responded, still not looking up from his work. “It’s boring.”

            “Well, how about you, Luke? How was your day?” Liz turned to face her son, hoping she would get an answer out of him. Liz wanted to be as involved with Luke’s life as she possibly could, but Luke didn’t like that. He claimed that he was allowed to keep secrets from her, but overall, he just answered her questions with simple responses.

            “My day was fine,” Luke responded. “Calum wore the cutest outfit today. I love it when he wears those oversized hoodies that make me want to cuddle him so hard.”

            Liz chuckled. “Luke, I think you’re obsessed.”

            “Mom, I’ve liked him for a while. You should know by now that I’m obsessed.” Luke laughed, and I jokingly rolled my eyes.

            “What about you, Ashton?” Liz spoke up.

            “What?”

            “Have you seen any boys you think are cute?”

            Ashton bit his lip, and the first thing that popped into his head was: Michael. However, he wasn’t sure if he should tell Luke or his mother about how hot he thought Michael was. He didn’t want Luke to tell Michael, and he certainly didn’t want Liz to gush over ‘how adorable’ it was. Although Michael had been giving him compliments all day, Ashton didn’t want to jump to conclusions. For all he knows, Michael could be playing him; he could be setting him up to break his heart. Ashton didn’t want Luke to tell Michael that he thought he was incredibly good-looking because he feared Michael may not mean what he said.