Ch. 3 The end is disastrous (Lampwick's side)

As I sat around the room, twirling my bangs and thinking about my plans for the summer, I glanced at the clock.  Freedom and terror was just 2 minutes away.  My heart started to pound, I knew I took a big risk asking the guys my favor, it could be that Mitch and Pinoke got the worst of it, most of the time when you ask someone like the guys to take it easy on someone, they usually do the opposite.

Finally, the bell rang and we left class.  I joined the others in the big celebration of summer: tossing homework assignments, getting stuff together, dumping tests, etc.  

Then, I decided I better go see where Pinoke was, so I got on my motorbike and headed out (you didn't know I had my own motorbike? Well now you do)

I didn't have long to look, as I passed a spot where I mostly passed on my way home, I heard smacking, laughs, teasing, and crying.  Then, suddenly, it all stopped.  I pulled over to see what happened and what was left of it.  I looked around and found Pinoke lying on the ground, crying, and had a hand over his forehead.  Evidently, he had gotten caught and was really hurt.  He looked up, having sensed my presence, he looked pretty hurt not just physically but emotionally, 

  He looked up, having sensed my presence, he looked pretty hurt not just physically but emotionally, 

"Need a hand?" I asked and offered to help him up.  He wiped a tear and took my hand.  After helping him up, I looked him over and found a bruise on his forehead, "Ooooooo, did they get you pretty bad?" He nodded and looked like he was going to start sobbing all over again, "Dang slats, you can cry if you need to, I won't judge." He welcomed that and immediately started to sob, after a few minutes of him sobbing into my shirt and me running my fingers through his hair....I got pretty mushy.  I don't usually get like that, but it's kinda embarrassing when I do. "Come on, I'll take you home."  I put my arm around him and drove him home.