i had my head still buried in my pillow when my cousin started running up and down the stairs jumping on them and shouting at me .

zac : wake up  elan ! wake up !

* sabre * 

he continued to jump on the stairs sending dust and paint chips down on to me until finally i go out of bed and open the door of my small closet . he pushed me back in and i caught myself before i fell all the way backwards . i went into the kitchen where my aunt and uncle were waiting .  my aunt Jamie didn't like me very much neither did my uncle Thomas . today was one of the days i wish i didn't have to live with them . it was my cousin's birthday . he was a  few days older than me which meant my birthday was in three days .

Jamie :  elan what's taking you so long to get over here .

sabre : sorry aunt Jamie .

zac : dad when are we going to the zoo !

Thomas : not until later zac .

Jamie : elan you're burning the bacon !

sabre : sorry aunt Jamie .

Jamie : just forget it go sit down . zac what do you think of the presents this year .

zac ; there are two less than last year !

Thomas ; some of them are bigger than others .

* sabre *

zac threw a temper tantrum until his parent's told him they'd buy him more presents when they go to the zoo . after breakfast i was ushered out to the car along with zac . i hated going anywhere with him . he always kicks me in the shins .the first thing that drew his attention was a giant snake called a python . the python was asleep in it's enclosure and zac kept pounding the glass with his fist yelling at it trying t get it to wake up . eventually giving up and moving on to the next enclosure . without my self realizing it . i starting talking to the snake actually talking to myself . i know what it's like you know . never having anybody there with you .feeling trapped . i thought the snake had shook it's head  . i thought it did . i was pushed away from the glass by zac and fell onto the ground a half second later the python was slithering along the ground and said thanks to me . the snake spoke to me .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

year 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara