~Blood//Water~

I was wanting to write something like this for a while and I listened to the song (Blood//Water) and it fits so well with the storyline. The name of the child is a random name I thought of you can change it as you read if you wish.

"Bedtime," You told her as the darkness engulfed the home, except two lanterns, one in the middle of the table you were sat at, another hung next to the door towards the bedroom "Tell me about them again" There she stood, your sweet twelve-year-old daughter; old journal in hand a smile plastered on her face. Her hair in two plaits either side of her head, the same colour as yours. Her eyes looked like his, beautiful and entrancing, charming and persuading.
"Okay, but then bedtime" You chuckled taking the book from her small hands. You flicked through getting to the first drawing.
"So, who do you want to know about?" You asked looking into her eyes, the same as his.
"I don't mind, start from the beginning and go to the end, please" She always had manners as you'd taught her.

On each page, there were four faces of your old gang drawn delicately with extreme detail.
"So these are Uncle, Pearson, Miss Grimshaw and Mr Strauss and they-" You were stopped by the moving hands of your daughter who was now sat next to you on a chair. She moved the pages along a couple.
"I want to know about these ones and to these ones" She showed you around three pages of faces and you smiled back.
"I see" You raised an eyebrow at her specific choices but went along anyway.

"So these people are the ladies of the camp, Mary-Beth, Tilly, Sadie and Karen. All amazing women, Tilly was the one we met in Saint-Denis last week, Mary-Beth is a writer now, remember she sent me that letter and her book, Karen....well I haven't seen Karen at all since the group disbanded; poor thing drunk herself silly after Sean died. Sadie was a brave woman, a widow who fought for her rights; I'm pretty sure she's bounty hunting or at least I heard something about a woman like her around. If I wanted you to be like anyone it would be these women, Eleanor, including Abigail too" The young girl was smiling adorably at you as you continued on flicking onto the next page.
"The Marston's" You announced "Abigail, John and Jack. John was a man who would do anything for his family, he did leave for a year a while ago but he came back a new man more dedicated. See the scar, that was from some wolves that got him near Colter, I showed you that place a couple of weeks ago." Eleanor nodded in agreement.

"Abigail was a strong woman, she was amazing really and she loved Jack and John more than anything in the world she'd do anything for them. Little Jack you might remember playing with, even though you both were young you liked Jack, constantly sitting and talking together, reading together, playing together. You liked him a lot especially since he was the only other kid there" You flipped the page onwards, her hand suddenly flying to the page.
"These ones, tell me about these ones!" She demanded, but not in a mean way.

You felt your heart sink slightly as you stared upon the three faces, but you went on for Eleanor's sake.
"So this man was called Hosea Mathews, we went to his grave and Lenny's and placed flowers there, do you remember?" Already you felt slightly choked up "Hosea...he was amazing, wonderful, so kind and caring and..and patient. He loved you very much and I loved him very much, he was like a father to me. When he died the camp spirit seemed to die with him, he was so optimistic, he just wanted the best for the camp and everybody in the camp" You managed to keep the tears at bay as you moved to the next face.

"This is Arthur Morgan. He was...not a bad man, he thought he was but he wasn't what we did we did to survive well up until the end. He was loyal, so damn loyal and that ultimately led to his death. He cared about you very much, so much. He'd take you out on rides if you asked nicely, remember? He advised me that if there was one thing he wanted before he died he'd want you and me to be safe, I remember taking you to see him before we left, the way he hugged you was full of love, he gave us some money and then we left. When I heard he died I was distraught, we all knew but it came too quickly and to know that he was killed by that..that..bastard-" You stopped yourself before you became too heated and angry. Looking at the final face your stomach twisted.