~Blood//Water Part 2~

Hey everyone! Quick question, if I was to write other stories not fandom related just a story would you read them??

"Dutch" Your voice whispered a perfect whimper against the cold air that blanketed you. It was like a million memories and emotions running through your brain at once.
"Miss L/N" His voice lacked emotion or care towards you as if he was stating a fact and not saying a name he had once adored on his lips. He too had a million emotions and memories flashing through his brain like bullets in a gunfight, he managed, however, to keep them at bay.
"Damn you" You spat staring him straight in the eye. "You and this rat!" You nodded towards the blonde-haired man who stood next to your ex-lover.
"You always was hysterical" Micah tutted back and rolled his eyes.
"And you always was an ass" You replied not missing a beat.
"Both of you stop" Dutch interrupted as he always used to when you had argued or back chatted to anyone in camp. Roughly, you were pulled up to your feet once again and led towards a cabin but not before you could spit onto Dutch's shoe as you were dragged passed him.
"Charming as always" You heard him mutter from behind you.

- - -

The door of the cabin opened a few hours later, from where you were sat you could see it was now dark outside as well as in the cabin. You listened to the heavy footsteps as they got closer then stopped a few feet away from you. A spark caused you to jump as the person lit a match, you followed the flame as it met a lantern which brightly lit up the room in an ominous orange hue; furthermore, this meant you could see who had joined you. The large body that walked in was wrapped in a large coat, grey beard and a hat on his head. Dutch. His dark eyes looked into your e/c eyes with a look he hadn't given you for a while, disappointment. The look you had imagined he'd pulled when he read your letter.

He shrugged the snow-covered coat from his shoulders and placed it on the back of a chair. He sat down placed his head in his hands and rubbed his face; then his head lifted and he stared at you with narrowing eyes to show he was thinking hard about something. There was an awkward and long silence that seemed to last for at least ten minutes and somehow he kept the lingering stare throughout the whole time, which left you feeling unnerved and jumpy. Dutch had always had this overwhelming intimidating atmosphere around him that's sort of what had drawn you towards him in the first place, you saw another side to him when you two were alone though it's what kept you in love with him throughout those years. A small smile appeared on your lips for barely a second before you forced it to disappear. Dutch noticed this and furrowed his eyebrows but still stayed silent.

"Have you calmed down now?" He asked all of a sudden, taking you back to when you would argue in camp and a few hours afterwards he would come over and ask if you were okay and ready to talk things through. You thought about replying with some cocky remark but you decided not to waste your breath. He shrugged at you and folded his arms across his chest letting out a huff as he did so.
"Fine then" He announced as the wind battered the cabin you were both in. Reminding you of being in Colter, he was holding back tears as he'd just received some of the worst news he'd ever been given, something more painful than Hosea's or Arthur's death.
"One of the men told me about her, I hope she was happy in her last days. You didn't have to leave Y/N. Maybe if you hadn't Eleanor would still be alive" This asshole was attempting to place the fake death of your child on you. So you made no reply again. At least it stopped them from going after her.

- - -

The letter had to be there by now, it had been two days. Deep down you hoped that the family was the Marston's and if not you hoped they would come and help your daughter anyway. Your stomach rumbled but you wouldn't give in, you'd rather starve than let this man and his band of killers near your daughter.