Chapter 15

I walked down the long hallway and into my rooms. My arms shook as I wound my fist up and punched the bag that sat near my mirror. I glanced at my reflection. The lighting highlighted my lashes and my crimson stained mouth. Sharp, white teeth gleamed out from behind their gateway.

I rolled my shoulders out and walked into my closet. Devan had requested something that would enable me to make a deadly move if needed. I was supposed to sit and look pretty. I could not take it any more. These fake smiles, these fake ideas.

I looked across the room into a mirror. My eyes met an image of someone I had once known. A resting face. A muscled back. I pulled my thigh holster on and grabbed my gun. I put it into the holster and then draped my dress back over it.

After pulling on my head piece, I slowly walked into the bathroom and did my make up. A hairstylist wrapped my hair up and around my features. I looked in the mirror and then looked back at the stylist. "How much is Devan paying you?"

"Master Devan makes sure everyone has a reasonable amount of payment." She ducked her head.

"I will see to it that you receive a fair sum."

"Thank you ma'am."

I smiled and walked into the bed room. My body looked like something out of when I was younger. I curled my lip into a snarl. I grasped the over skirt of my crimson gown and lifted it and I slid another gun into the hidden pocket. I grabbed amo and then tucked my hands into gloves. I looked up and then walked to the hall. A scared butler looked on and I slowly walked towards him. A look of pure horror flowed onto his face as he realized what I was going to do. I grasped the gun, pulled and shot the vase next to his head. He ducked and the pot shattered. I smirked and continued. I was ready.