Chapter 16

I looked out at the men, the woman, the young, the old. Devan's arm was tightly secured around my waist and he was marking his territory, by running his mouth along my neck. His hand was continually touching his gun, just to show them, that should anyone try anything, he would destroy them.

My gown trailed behind me and the heels I had on made the strides even longer. Everyone in the room was clothed in black, whereas I was in deep crimson. I stuck out, and Devan knew I would. I glided across the marble flooring and watched as they bowed before me. Devan smirked and moved his head from my shoulder. We walked through the ranks of women, men, and guards. My loyal black wolf sat next to the throne in front of me.

I walked on as Devan let me go, and sat on his throne. I smiled and knelt before the officiant.

"Today we are gathered for the crowning of Devine Bennett, she is better known as the Crimson Killer." A gasp crossed the room. It lined up finally. Why else would the most powerful Mafia boss want a woman in power? Why else would their 'king' want a queen? "She is now your queen. No longer your equal." The officiant looked down at me and I glared back at him. His eyes widened and I smirked. "She has come as a princess and will leave as a queen." He gently removed my glittering tiara and placed it near my wolf. She sniffed it and turned her nose up, as if she knew it was no longer good enough. He took a pure golden crown from the tray next to him. I looked up at him through hooded eyes. My fingers wandered to the bracelet I always wore, my suit was hidden inside of it and at the tap of a certain button, I would turn. He set the crown on my head.

"This is only the beginning." He announced. "The world will fall before her. A proper ceremony will be held soon. But until then." He glanced at Devan. "She is temporary."

He set the glittering crown on my head and I stood. I walked to my throne and swept my gown around it to sit.

"Behold, King Devan, and Future-Queen Devine."

"Long live the King!" The shouts began. "Long live the Queen."

I smirked. My darling black wolf, Adolphne, sat to my left and looked out proudly. I placed a hand on her head and looked out at the people.

"My people, your queen will show you her worth." Devan smirked and I stood. I touched the button and slowly my gown lifted me as my gown transformed into my skin tight suit. My hood crept up my head and my thigh holster tightened to my leg. I grabbed my mask and tied it up. I smiled and pulled my guns aiming above the guests heads and firing a round of shots. They all gasped and ducked, still in shock from the transformation. I smirked and stalked into the middle of the room. A fake attacker walked to me and I wrapped my body around him and pounded both elbows into his scull lightly. I jumped down and in mid spring grabbed my ropes and caught hold of the ceiling. I swung up and released, doing a flip and landing like spider man in a widened lunge.

My entire being screamed at me to stop but I could not. I knew I must continue. I pulled my hidden gun and turned aiming at the throne.

"Clear the room." My order came out gruff and clear. "CLEAR IT NOW!" I screamed at the guards. They hurried to push the men and women out, leaving only one person left.

"Chris, I said go." I looked him dead in the eye. "I don't want to hurt you." I looked at Devan. He chuckled and clapped. Adolphne ran to me and growled at him, her eyes glowing red.

"Devine, I know, but I can't leave you again." Chris looked at me.

"Christopher Evans, if you know what is good for you, you will run from this room right now." I gritted out.