Chapter one: how it happened

Ivy's POV
I was reading this book called Divergent. I read every book in my houses library already, and this was my favourite. I had already read it like 4-5 times. When I finished it I checked the text messages I had with my friends, and they were all gone. Even Scarlett's. I checked on Instagram to see new posts. I had 4 less followers- my friends don't follow me anymore. I got confused. Scarlett, of all people, decided something about me that she didn't like? She could have told me- but this must have been a mutual decision for my friends.
My eyes scrunched up in confusion. I set down my phone and called Scarlett. The phone said back, "I'm sorry, Scarlett O'Nell isn't present at the moment. Feel free to send in a message, and she will call you possibly later. Bye!"
    My mom called, "IVY! DINNER!"
    We ate dinner in silence, and I only nodded or shook my head. If I said anything, I would start crying.
    "Ivy, are you alright? You seem awfully quiet."
I murmured, "I'm fine.."
On Monday morning, I woke up ready for the day. I leapt up and got on my clothes- jeans, and a blue sweater. I slipped on my black glasses and flew down the stairs, forgetting all the other night's problems.
Scarlett's POV
"Scar, we have to do this. I know you don't like it, and neither do we, and we'll miss her, but I don't want to be friends with someone who reads books more then she is with her friends! And I know you don't, either," Emma said at her house to me.
"I understand. But what if she's hurt? I don't like hurting people and neither do you," I mumbled. I really, really didn't want to do this. I respect Ivy's decision, well I'm alright with it, but I'll miss her. She was my lifelong best friend.
At dinner that night, we were eating taco's. We finished quickly and I excused myself. I unfollowed her on instagram before dinner, and deleted all my texts with her before dinner. She had tried to call me, but I left it and it said the thingy that it says, like Scarlett can't answer right now. She might call you later.
I basically hate Emma for saying that we had to do it, and that She doesn't want to be friends with someone who isn't a good friend and chooses books over people.
I know for a fact Ivy wouldn't choose someone over the other. She was always the peacemaker. But now- the group is just going to be awful friends, all because Ivy is gone. I don't think they realize it though. They always have fights about who the peacekeeper is, and then Ivy breaks in and says something like, "Don't fight about this. This is silly." And everyone calms down. It's just her calming nature.
No one who I know has the same calming symptoms. And if I don't know them- their not in the group. She has acid green eyes, and golden hair with orange, black, and pale brown streaks in it. It's curly. Her eyes are like fifty shades of green- like all of them. Or maybe thats not what logic is like.
All I know is I'll miss Ivy and her calm nature and her book-loving heart, and I know she'll miss me, the person who betrayed her and pulled her heart apart.

(A/n trust me I know that rhymes)