Chapter two: School morning

Ivy's POV
I walked to high school in the morning, and Checked my phone multiple times. A quarter of the way there, I took out a book- called the girl who felt betrayed (A/n for those of you who think thats why this book is called the girl who felt betrayed your wrong. :). I read through some of it before school, and saw Scarlett walking on the same road as me. I crossed toward her and she started to run. I ran after her, my breath quickening after a while.
"Scarlett! Scar! Wait up! Why did you unfollow me and delete all our text things?"
No answer.
"Did you talk to Emma? Hey! Scarlett! Stop!"
No answer.
"SCARLETT! ANSWER ME! WE ALWAYS WALK TOGETHER AND YOU NEVER IGNORE ME! I NEVER IGNORE YOU! ARE YOU MAD AT ME?" I shouted after her.
Silence replies.
I couldn't take it anymore. I burst into tears, dropping on my knees. Tears fell out of my eyes and I sobbed.
"Scarlett... will you just answer me?" Another tear.
She stopped. Another tear. She walked slowly back to me. Another tear. The sidwalk began to have a puddle, even though it was a sunny day. Another tear. I wiped my eyes. More tears.
She got back to me and offered me a tissue. I took it and said, "Thank you." She said nothing. "Will you just talk to me?" Silence again. I get up and she walks away, catching up with Emma. Goodbye, Scarlett, I think before I get up and run to the school, book in hand.
Scarlett's POV
I heard her screams. I saw her tears. I felt her pain.
I'm a horrible friend. I'm a terrible friend. Suddenly I couldn't take it anymore when she cried. Sobbed, more like it. I helped her up, and gave her a tissue. I saw her tears puddled up n the ground. And then Emma started to talk about her.
"She betrayed us. Books? Books are so stupid. I mean, why doesn't she know that? She must be stupid too. Like, everyone knows that! She is such a nobody." I hoped that she was talking about someone else, but then she said: "Ivy Alonget is a very stupid nobody traiter and she loves books so much she could marry them. I swear it on my life, she loves books more then she loves herself."
    She does. She never loved herself. And now Emma is calling her selfish, a traiter, stupid, a nobody, and a brat.
    Emma looks in the mirror all the time, fixing her straight hair and staring at her dark brown eyes. She has pale skin, emotionless almost black eyes, and blond hair. She is always going on about how her hair is so perfect and how bright her eyes are. She cares about looks- Ivy cares about people and feelings.
    The reason why I feel so bad for her is that she just lost Emma, me, Lexie, and Ella all on the same day. I feel so bad. And now they all hate her, and I'm the only person who would help her up and give her a tissue- most would walk by, glare, and leave her there.
And then Emma- just ruining her life, my life, and and Ivy's life. It hurts me to think Ivy is sad because a stupid person like me is pretending I don't like her- Stupid, me. I should feel not as bad, but right now my ears hurt and I have a headache from Emma ramping about Ivy and how RUDE she supposedly is to Emma. I can kill Emma right now, but I don't. If I do, Ivy will never like me again. She'll never speak to me again, and I'll never get to tell her that this was all Emma. Not me.
But this is my fault. I told her to go in the direction she wants to go in, and now her friends don't like her. This is all my fault.
But the one thing that burns me is that I went away from her, and she just wanted me.