Chapter 3: School

ʝṽ¥
I followed after Emma and Scarlett to school. When I got there I saw them laughing at a desk, Scarlett's laugh was quiet, as usual, like she didn't want anyone hearing her. Emma's was loud and obnoxious, though. Emma's hip shot out and her eyes batted a lot.
I didn't look up from my shoes and sat down in my seat. My eyes went through my desk and I found my second pair of glasses, just incase I forgot my first pair. They were both black.
Emma glared at me and Scarlett smirked a little. Unlike her.
I never really liked Emma. When we voted to vote someone out, she always voted for me. We were in a club sort of thing. When people asked her why, she just shrugged and I'm sure in her mind she was thinking, 'Well, she's the least useful and talented.' It hurts a lot to realize your friends want nothing to do with you, and what hurts the most is that someone also you you always trusted agreed with them.
What if they had a voting meeting that I wasn't invited to, and then they all voted for me? It's majority wins, so it's likely. Everyone agrees with Emma.
Except Scarlett, though. But majority for 3 people is two people, and two probably voted for me.
Well, that's the way life is. Friends don't stick, girlfriends don't stick, boyfriends don't stick, no one sticks except your family. And your husband or wife.
So, I guess they decided that my life wasn't good enough for them to be friends with and blocked me out. Well, it happens. They decided not to stick.
    If I was a sick person, I would be like, "Their loss!" But hey, I'm not like that. I snatched my book out of Elijah's hand, and he was about to take out the bookmark.
    "Stop it, Elijah. If you do that one more time I will-"
     "I get it, Poison Ivy.." he rolled his eyes.
     People who don't like me call me Poison Ivy. And Elijah just so happens to be a bully to me and to other people. Kicking people in the gut- But I'm just not one of those people. He doesn't do that to me.
    Yep. Nice time to tease me, yep, Elijah, perfect timing, right when I AM SO ANGRY I COULD SLAP HIM! Sorry, but like I get angry after I get over the sadness. That's a random thing.
    Tears, for some reason, came to my eyes. A person named Camerella walked to my desk and said, "Poison Ivy, Poison Ivy, you shouldn't be here."
    "Cameralla, when did you start hating me? I tutored you in math and gave you a bunch of lessons on how to do some other things, too. C'mon, Cam, when?"
    "Well, I heard you were dared to."
    "And who told you that?" My eyes coldened (I think) and I looked around the room.
    "Emma Pscho."
    "Emma? Really?" My jaw twitched and I glared at Emma.
    "Yep. Emma said she never lies."
    "Well, then she lied. Sorry to break it to you, but I just wanted to help. If you really insist on teasing me, go ahead. But the truth is what you want- and thats what you got. From me."
    "I believe you." Came Cameralla's voice. "I never really believed you would do a dare like that. I just believed what she said because it was the only thing I heard."
                                   S匚丹尺ㄥモ匕匕
    I pretended to laugh, making it sound and look normal. Emma had said something mean about Ivy. Called her Poison Ivy. Yep, Emma gets over people very, very quickly. She slapped her ex-boyfriend in the face after they broke up and said to another boy, "Want to date?" And flirted with him.
Emma, Emma, Emma. She said she would miss Ivy? Well, clearly she doesn't!
I purposely dropped my pencil in Ivy's direction. I walked quickly after it and grabbed it, muttering to her, "This was all Emma." Before I had to leave.
"ROLE CALL!"
"Emma."
"Here."
"Elijah."
"Here."
"Ivy."
  "Here."
"Scarlett."
I looked up, surprised, and said, "Here." I usually don't listen when the role is being called.
    "Ella."
    "Here."
    "Alexia."
    "Here."
     "Mackenzie."
     "Here."
    "Lucas."
    "Here."
    "Joel."
    "Here."
    "Alright, class! Welcome to homeroom! Math, grammar, and solar panel classes are the only ones for half of you today! You know who you are! Today we have a couple fewer subjects. Drama, free subject, and music! Now get along, now, start working on homework, schoolwork, and other work you didn't do on those subjects! Everybody always gets behind at one point- unless you stay in front of your task! I once had a student named Naomi who did that. Got bullied. Bullies told her to give her homework. She got bullied since she was young!" (A/n the Naomi Story is not mine. LOOK AT THE GOOD GIRL'S BAD BOYS AND YOU'LL FIND IT! It's The good girl's bad boy's the good, the bad, and the bullied.)
    I sat got working on memorizing my play part. I hummed a tune and wrote down the notes for it. My teacher, Miss Ivie, told us the song name for the next week Monday two weeks ago. There was a test. I was sick. But Ivy helped me. My stomach churned and knotted together. I glanced at Ivy and saw the same Ivy who always helped the group, cared about them, the one we left behind, the same one that was my best friend. Ex-best-friend. I wrote a note that said, "Dear Ivy- I don't want to hurt you. I'm sorry for what I did. I had to agree because if I didn't I would've been kicked out and they would hate me. I'm selfish like that. Again, I'm sorry. From your former best friend (if you don't want to be my friend) Scarlett O'Nell