Merlin

Character: Arthur Pendragon

From: Merlin

Type: One shot

key: H/C = Horse color

H/G = Horse gender 

Arthur had decided to take the day of from being king today for multiple reasons, but the main reason was that he hadn't had a lot of time with his beautiful wife. They both had been extremely busy with royal duties that come with running a kingdom. The only time they had together, alone was at night when they were going to sleep. But often at times Arthur had stayed up to finish paper work. They both felt deprived of the others touched and agreed to take a day off.

Arthur had planned the whole day, they would first have breakfast in bed then go to the stables to enjoy a horse back ride through the woods. For lunch they would have a picnic by a stream, they would spend the rest of the day doing whatever they please. 

The clock struck 9 and Merlin came to wake the king and queen at the same time  bringing them their breakfast "Good morning your majesties. You have an eventful day planned" the king woke with a smile and greeted his old friend. The queen was a different story, she let out a groan and buried her face in her pillow. Arthur lets out a small chuckle knowing how much his wife hates mornings "Your dismissed Merlin. Leave the food at the end of the bed" Merlin gives his king a nod and left the room.

As soon as Merlin was gone Arthur attacked his queen with kisses. He kissed her cheeks, nose, neck, forehead, and lips until she finally accepted defeat and woke up "Stawp! *giggle* that tickles" With the queen finally awake the two shared a passionate kiss. "Take your time to eat, we have the whole day to ourselves" Arthur purred to his wife when they broke the kiss. The two enjoyed a delicious breakfast consisting of eggs, fruit, pancakes, juice, bacon, and oatmeal. By the time they finished breakfast it was almost 11.

At 11 they both got out of bed and dressed in casual clothing for their ride in the forest. Once they were both dressed they made their way to the stables to get their horses. Arthur mounted his pure white stallion, while Y/N rode her (H/C) (H/G). They took a relaxing ride through the woods, talking, laughing, and just enjoying each others company. 

At 5 o'clock they stopped in a small field with a stream close by, they enjoyed a picnic of various fruits, salads, and sandwiches. For dessert they enjoyed brownies and cookies. They rode for another hour and raced back tot he castle. 

At 6 they returned home and spent time in their room simply cuddling. At 8 they went to the dinning room for a feast. They had wine, bread, salads, fish, pork, chicken and other meats. 

That night was almost as romantic as the night of their honeymoon. They showed each other how much they loved each other and how touch deprived they really were. The next morning they awoke in the others loving embrace. 

They next week they discovered that they would soon have an heir to the throne. Neither one of them would ever forget their special day off.