The One and Only Part 1 ch 1

The one and only ch 1

At General Hospital~Carly was waiting on news about Sonny after being shot when Jax and Alexis came by. "Jax, Why are you in town"Carly asked her face showing her surprise  "To save our daughter" Jax replied "our daughter  whom you  don't seem to  care about anymore, I have full custody and..."Jax said firmly  "I love Jossy," You can't do that"Carly cried  "Well yes, Jax can"Alexis  interrupted and reaching into her briefcase she handed  Carly a sheaf of papers, "Jax , Why are you doing this? Carly asked in anguish "I love Josslyn, You're just angry that I'm going to  marry Sonny"Carly accused "The fact that you haven't been a mother to Josslyn is one of the reason," Jax explained calmly  "You have spent more time with Sonny's  new baby girl than our own daughter  not to mention the dangers that everyone is in around Sonny, I will not have it"Jax said, his eyes glinting like blue steel  "I will fight this"Carly said her voice mounting in pitch. "Good Luck with that, I'm taking Josslyn today and we are moving out of New York State"Jax said "You can't do that"Carly almost screamed as Bobbie walked by, "What is going on? Bobbie asked sternly in her best nurse voice "Jax, with the help of Alexis, is taking Josslyn away from me and moving out of the state!Carly yelled "Jax please don't do this"Bobbie said  "I'm sorry Bobbie but I have to keep Josslyn safe, I will not have  my daughter shot at and in a coma like Michael . "Jax , Please don't do this. At least let's discuss it" she pleaded  as a nanny came in holding six years old Josslyn.  "Say Goodbye"Jax said  and Carly picked up her daughter and held her tightly . "Josslyn, I love you so much you know that right,?" tears slid down Carly's cheeks and even Alexis looked uncomfortable " No matter where you are I will love you and I will fight for you but right now you have to go with your Daddy"she  said  sadly as she she kissed  her daughter's faces several times.  Before things went too far and his daughter became hysterical,  Jax took Josslyn from Carly's arms, "I will fight this no matter where you take her"Carly warned "That will be  a lost cause then"Jax said  "Josslyn, We love you"Bobbie said "Bye mommy. Bye Grandma. I'm going to live with my daddy for a little while"Josslyn said "Can Michael and Morgan say goodbye to her?"Carly asked "No,  I'm sorry but we have a plane to catch and  don't have time. I'll let her call after we've landed"Jax said , not wanting to appear completely heartless no matter how much he wanted his daughter away from the dangerous life her mother had placed her in by marrying a mob boss "Can you please tell me where you are taking my daughter"Carly ask "No"Jax said as Patrick came by. "I have news on Sonny"Patrick said "What is it"Carly ask as Alexis and Jax and Josslyn left. "Sonny, is okay but he's paralyzed"Patrick said "No"Carly shook her head as the shocks kept coming . Just then  Michael and Morgan walked in , "What is it"Michael asked looking from his mother's shocked face to his grandmother's and then to the man who was, at one time, his stepfather "Your is paralyzed," Carly broke the news to her son with no warning whatsoever " This day just keeps get worse"Carly said  "What else happened"Morgan asked "That can't be all. You're used to dad getting shot" "Jax  here" carly waved her hand at the man who had once promised to love, honor and cherish her  "has won full custody of Josslyn thanks to Alexis , He is taking her  out of state to live .  I will never see my baby again"Carly said, her voice full of tears. Morgan shot a disbelieving look at Jax " Don't worry, mom we will fight this"Morgan said "I need to see Sonny"Carly said looking at Patrick "Go ahead but don't upset him"Patrick said  "Does he know about the fact that his paralyzed"Morgan asked "No"Patrick said "I will tell him"Carly said and pushed past Jax. She left the room without even a backwards glance at the little girl she professed to care so much for.

In Sonny's room~Sonny was laying flat  in the bed when Carly came in. "Carly"Sonny said  "I'm glad you're here. Will you please tell me what is going on? " "Oh Sonny, I don't know if I can do this again," Carly said softly  "Do WHAT again" he asked with a tinge of exasperation in his voice  ?Marry you"Carly said "Why not? I love you and you love me and we will have a beautiful  wedding when I'm out of here just like you wanted. The white dress, the roses, the church with candles, bridesmaids..."his voice trailed off as Carly didn't even seem to hear him "My love for you has just cost me Josslyn! " Carly blurted out "Jax  won custody of her and has taken her  out of state! I will never see my daughter again! Carly yelled "Don't worry " Sonny soothed her "When I'm out this hospital bed, I will  take care of Jax" he promised  "No!" Carly shook her head slowly " Maybe this is what I get for what I did to AJ"she said to Sonny's complete astonishment "AJ? What's he got to do with this?" Sonny asked "He's dead and won't be bothering us ever again " Carly's eyes widened " Sonny, I have more bad news. Patrick just informed me a short while ago that's  you're paralyzed and he doesn't know if it's going to be permanent or not"Carly .  "No! Sonny yelled, beating his hands on the bed railing "Why Me?"

In the hallway~ Michael was waiting for Carly when his grandmother , Monica Quartermaine, looked into the room and then seeing him she entered . "Michael how are you doing? she  asked "Not good," Michael sighed  Monica sat on the chair next to him "What happened?"  Jax just took Josslyn from my mother"Michael said bitterly  "Well..." Monica said slowly  "I can't say I  blame him  for wanting to  protect his child" Michael noded "True," he agreed and then " Have you heard from" he asked   Monica looked around furtively and then whispered "It's not safe here to talk about that" she warned  "You're right"Michael said "I'm sorry"

Copyright by Skye's the limit