Chapter 3: Explanations

After a while of sitting on the chair, Stephanie is awkwardly tapping her fingers on the glass she has in her hands that was handed to her from Mary when she had a headache.

Stephanie only explained half of the story she knows, as the rest was still foggy on how she got into the game.

But, the chair she is sitting on is small, yes, but stable enough for her to sit comfortably on, except her long legs were out in front of her.

She glanced up at Gene, Mary and Felix, who was sitting on the couch, looking a little awkward too.

Mary was not looking eye to eye with Stephanie, Felix, nor her husband, glancing out to the left side, as her husband was nervously chewing his lip looking the right side.

Felix was in the middle of the two, not looking anyone either, as he was glancing down to his hat in his hands, squeezing it nervously.

Stephanie glanced away from the three, unsure of what else she might explain about, and worried about their thoughts of her.

But, she glanced back at him, as they glanced back at her.

Her cheeks turned a light neon pink color, as she glanced away from them, gazing into her cup in her hands.

Gene perked when he noticed her blush.

"Well, that is different..." Gene was the first one to break the ice as she glanced back up, looking confused.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Your cheeks are..." Felix paused, still staring at her, as he put his hat back on his head.

"My cheeks are what?" Stephanie asked, reaching up to her right cheek with her right hand.

"Pink," Mary answered, jumping off the couch.

Confused, she placed the glass down on the table and felt her cheeks with her hands.

There was some heat coming from them, telling she is feeling embarrassed.

"'Pink?'" she repeated, chuckling softly to herself. "It's normal."

"Not when it is glowing," Gene added.

Blinking once in confusion, she thought for a moment, repeating the words that Gene spoke.

She looked in the reflection of the glass in her hands, noticing the neon pink blush she is blushing.

Stephanie softly chuckled again and glanced back up at the three.

"Yeah, this is normal." she pointed, chuckling softly.