Becoming Friends

Becoming friends-

Pein-

Paperwork had become a day to day normality of your new life- if you weren't out on a mission or sleeping, you were surely helping the tall pierced man with his duties. You didn't particularly mind this task, simply enjoying Pein's constant presence.
As for the moment however, the two of you were sharing a lunch break in the comfort of a small shop nearby. The owner was the greedy type, not caring who entered her shop as long as they paid her in the end. This worked to your advantage, sparing you the trouble of attempting to disguise both yours and Peins appearances. He sat across the table from you currently, discussing loosely on his plans pertaining to missions and such. The two of you were the only ones inside the shop, and you had assured the cautious leader on many occasions that any secrets uttered within these walls would never manage to leave. Continuing to listen, you took a light sip from the tea within your cup. It was a new blend, one that you instantly found to be your new favorite. Your eyes lit up with surprise, noticeable to anyone who knew you.

"Pein, try a sip of this." You urged, lightly placing the cup on his side of the table.
His eyes fell on your happy form, a smile across your face as you waited for him to take a drink as you had asked. The ginger had become accustomed to your gentle gaze and calm demeanor, but a smile like this was something you did not display as much. More often than not your mouth was held in a thin line of concentration, an outward representation of the hard work you preformed daily.
How could he say no?
"If you insist." he replied, lightly taking the small clay cup within his hand to have a sip. You waited for his verdict as the cup made its way on the table once again, knowing full well that his facial expression alone would not be enough to decipher his thoughts.
He waited for a moment, before taking another sip of the hot beverage.
You laughed, easily forgetting the strain of working side by side with the leader of the Akatsuki. It was moments like these when the two of you were truly at peace, the worries of everyday seeming to slip away for even the smallest fraction of time.

"Do you think we could take this back, __f/n__?"

The older shopkeeper had overheard Pein's words, and allowed her form to cross into your line of sight.

"That will cost you!"

________

Hidan-

You lounged in the warm sunlight, back pressed to the grass below you as your arms crossed themselves behind your head. It was a glorious day, and you planned on enjoying every second of it. Fate seemed to have other plans however, as a shadow covered your form and denied your skin the warmth that had been present only moments earlier.

"Hey jackass," you growled, "I'm kind of laying here. Could you be a doll and go stand somewhere else?"

Cracking one eye open however, you found yourself preparing to summon your chains at any point. Your body remained nonchalantly splayed on the ground, but your eyes were cold daggers. It was the partner of the guy you had killed, and you didn't particularly fancy the idea of getting into a fight today.
"I don't regret killing your pal, so you can escort yourself out if you want an apology."

He remained silent, glaring at your lazy form. You had almost managed to close your eyes once again when something slammed itself downwards millimeters from your face. You were up in a mere instant, the reflexes of a well trained shinobi kicking in to propel you from danger. Jumping sideways, you immediately cast the hand sign for your weapon, jumping into a heavily defensive position. The long links of chain hissed as they formed, giving you enough time to glance downwards at the weapon that had nearly impaled you. It's form was strikingly familiar, a triple tipped scythe imbedded into the dirt that you had once been laying on. You followed the handle upwards, eyes widening in surprise as you made contact with the one wielding it.
It was the guy from a week ago, the one you had decapitated and crushed.
Maybe not in that exact order, but that was beside the point.
"That's cheating," you growled, throwing your hands outwards in a display of annoyance.
"You were supposed to stay dead, not whatever the hell this is."