He Realizes his Feelings

He realizes his feelings-

Pein-

The rain fell down in a steady mist, soaking the hood covering your face and body in the grey midday air. Your expression remained calm, neither happy nor upset as you travelled under the familiar mask of a disguise, Pein at your side. You had business to attend to within the quiet nation, a serene sense of melancholy to the monotone world around your form.
Pein watched curiously as you navigated the streets, not a hint of hesitation as you took each turn. It wasn't unusual for you to know the layout of a city before you entered, but you at least glanced at a map for those trips. Yet here you acted naturally, swaying through each twist and turn with well practiced ease. The orange haired shinobi found his questions burning at the front of his mind as you walked, finally giving into curiosity."
"__f/n__, you act as if you know this city by heart. Have you visited before?"
You took a sharp turn down a small walkway, faintly laughing as you did so.
"I lived here a long time ago."
This was certainly new information to his ears- you were rarely one to speak of the past. His interest was stirred, deciding to question you further for answers.
"... and you left because?"
You slowed to a stop, glancing upwards at the low lying clouds above.
"It always felt like all of Amekagure was crying."
Your facial expression hid much, eyes blinking sharply as a drop of water fell on your lashes.
Your words haunted him, the memory of a long lost friend stirring within his mind.

The way you observed the world around you was mesmerizing on its own eyes. Constantly watching and learning, shielding yourself with layers upon layers of barriers of all sorts... and yet here you were, walking beside the pierced man with all the comfort of a long time friend. You trusted him, and only him.
If it were for those you cared about, there was nothing you wouldn't do.
Pein loved your careful hold on reality, the way you understood that peace could only be attained through the mutual understanding of true loss. You took everything in life as it was given to you, only striving to give back to the people you considered dear. In his mind, it was you and only you that could make him feel so complete. His goals became your goals, and you weren't a person to accept failure.

There was no replacement for your gentle presence, something he couldn't imagine ever having lived without.

Hidan-

You stood toe to toe with Kakuzu, not a hint of fear in your eyes as you glared harshly at his hooded face.
Hidan had known that you were bold, but this was on a whole different level. The old bounty hunter wasn't exactly known for keeping his temper very well, and you certainly seemed to be dragging him closer to the verge of getting rid of you once and for all... He wasn't the type to exactly 'appreciate' your fiery temper and harsh attitude.
When the Jashinist walked into the room and realized exactly how close you were to getting your heart ripped out, he felt his blood turn to ice.
"__F/n__, you dumbass! What are you doing?" He hissed, harshly grabbing you by the collar to pull you back from imminent danger. Kakuzu seemed to hesitate in the slightest before walking off, grumbling the whole time. You kept your steely gaze on him, before turning to the silver haired Jashinist as he spoke to you.
"You're not fucking immortal, __f/n__. Don't pull anything that goddamn stupid anytime soon. Kakuzu could kick your ass any day."
You almost began to argue back, biting your tongue as you finally caught the look on his face. Hidan wasn't usually the brightest or most caring, but it seemed like he was dead serious as of the moment.

He couldn't bear the thought of you getting killed. He'd slaughter entire towns just for the hell of it, not displaying even a hint remorse for any of the people he brutally murdered for the sake of his religion.
But the moment his mind drifted towards the thought of not having your form beside him for eternity, he could feel the breath hitch in his throat.
He loved the way you fought, the way you constantly bickered and joked.